    pain the pc is about 20 metres away from the linksys router

    any ideas

    Cheers

    Jason, Nov 23, 2004

  2. Jason

    Jack Guest

    Try it first while the Router and the computer are close by.

    20 meters with obstructions and PCI antenna between the case and the wall
    might be a little too much for the Wireless.

    If it works ok while the two components are close by you would need a
    directional external Antenna on you PCI card.

    May be this can Help.

    Extending Wireless Distance: http://www.ezlan.net/Distance.html

    Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Jason" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I have just purchase an linksys wg54 wireless adsl router with broad band
    > connection, I have one pc running windows 98 so I bought a dlink pci

    adapter
    > which I installed the problem is the internet is great the card strength

    is

    Jack, Nov 24, 2004