    use DHCP, should I assign my printer a static IP address?

    Thanks all!

    Ray
    Lunaray, Dec 11, 2006

  2. Hi
    Yap, with any server you are much better Of assigning a Static IP that is
    out of the DHCP range.
    As an example, if your DHCP is set to "Dish" numbers between
    xxx.xxx.xxx.100 to xxx.xxx.xxx.150 assign to the server xxx.xxx.xxx.200
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Dec 11, 2006

  3. Lunaray

    Lunaray Guest

    > Hi
    > Yap, with any server you are much better Of assigning a Static IP that is
    > out of the DHCP range.
    > As an example, if your DHCP is set to "Dish" numbers between
    > xxx.xxx.xxx.100 to xxx.xxx.xxx.150 assign to the server xxx.xxx.xxx.200
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Thanks Jack that seems to have worked, I assigned my print server
    "192.168.1.200" and my printer is working again, but what I don't understand
    is shouldn't the printer have a different IP address than rhe server? I
    tried to configure my printer's port using "192.168.1.201" but it didn't
    work, so I gave it the same IP as my server and it works. I'm a little
    network challenged! :)
    Lunaray, Dec 11, 2006