    on Line 1?

    Thanks,

    Ian

    Ian Richardson, Mar 28, 2007

  2. Ian Richardson wrote:
    > How can I configure a Linksys PAP2T and/or dial a prefix on a phone
    > connected to Line 1 such that an outgoing call goes out on Line 2?
    >
    > I've just set up voiptalk.org successfully for incoming and outgoing
    > calls (at ****ing last!), after being ditched by voxbone as they don't
    > support personal customers. However, I'd like to use voipcheap.co.uk
    > for outgoing calls.
    >
    > I've configured line 2 for this. How can I use it from a phone
    > connected on Line 1?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ian

    With a PAP2 it is two separate lines.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 28, 2007

  3. Ian Richardson

    Guest

    On 28 Mar, 15:30, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    > Ian Richardson wrote:
    > > How can I configure a Linksys PAP2T and/or dial a prefix on a phone
    > > connected to Line 1 such that an outgoing call goes out on Line 2?

    > > I've just set up voiptalk.org successfully for incoming and outgoing
    > > calls (at ****ing last!), after being ditched by voxbone as they don't
    > > support personal customers. However, I'd like to use voipcheap.co.uk
    > > for outgoing calls.

    <snip>

    > With a PAP2 it is two separate lines.

    Would I be able to configure my account with voiptalk.org in some way
    (and if so, how?), or could I configure the PAP2T such that Line 1 can
    call out via voipcheap.co.uk and take incoming calls via voiptalk.org?

    Thanks,

    Ian

    , Mar 28, 2007
  4. Ian Richardson

    Dick Dash Guest

    Configure Line 1 with your voipcheap.co.uk sip settings and configure Line 2
    with your voiptalk.org sip settings. simple no great mystery there.

    Dick Dash, Mar 28, 2007
  5. Dick Dash wrote:
    > Configure Line 1 with your voipcheap.co.uk sip settings and configure Line 2
    > with your voiptalk.org sip settings. simple no great mystery there.

    ....but I only want to use one phone line socket on the back of the
    PAP2T. Will this work?

    Thanks,

    Ian

    Ian Richardson, Mar 28, 2007
  6. Ian Richardson

    Brian A Guest

    On 28 Mar 2007 08:27:37 -0700,
    wrote:

    >On 28 Mar, 15:30, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    ><bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
    >> Ian Richardson wrote:
    >> > How can I configure a Linksys PAP2T and/or dial a prefix on a phone
    >> > connected to Line 1 such that an outgoing call goes out on Line 2?

    >> > I've just set up voiptalk.org successfully for incoming and outgoing
    >> > calls (at ****ing last!), after being ditched by voxbone as they don't
    >> > support personal customers. However, I'd like to use voipcheap.co.uk
    >> > for outgoing calls.

    ><snip>
    >
    >> With a PAP2 it is two separate lines.

    >Would I be able to configure my account with voiptalk.org in some way
    >(and if so, how?), or could I configure the PAP2T such that Line 1 can
    >call out via voipcheap.co.uk and take incoming calls via voiptalk.org?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Ian

    You can't do a mix of providers on any one line.
    To do what you want to do check out Voxalot.
    Set up Voxalot for one of your PAP2 lines. Then set up Voxalot with
    the incoming and outgoing providers of your choice.
    When setting up make sure that the provider(s) that you want to be
    incoming are set to 'register'.
    There are tutorials now on the Voxalot site but, if after reading
    them, you have further queries, you can always come back here with
    further questions.
    I use Voxalot as my main provider and I have found the Europe server
    to be very reliable. It also means that you can have one voice mailbox
    even if you have several registered incoming lines.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Mar 28, 2007
  7. Ian Richardson wrote:
    > Dick Dash wrote:
    >> Configure Line 1 with your voipcheap.co.uk sip settings and
    >> configure Line 2 with your voiptalk.org sip settings. simple no
    >> great mystery there.

    > ...but I only want to use one phone line socket on the back of the
    > PAP2T. Will this work?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ian

    The PAP2 has two separate lines.

    Account 1 on line 1 and account 2 on line 2.

    It is a two line device.

    Win Amazon Vouchers:
    http://www.wabbadabba.com/join.aspx?friend=4I9Q6C6X3477

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 28, 2007
  8. Ian Richardson

    Jono Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} explained on 28/03/2007 :
    > Ian Richardson wrote:
    >> Dick Dash wrote:
    >>> Configure Line 1 with your voipcheap.co.uk sip settings and
    >>> configure Line 2 with your voiptalk.org sip settings. simple no
    >>> great mystery there.

    >> ...but I only want to use one phone line socket on the back of the
    >> PAP2T. Will this work?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Ian

    > The PAP2 has two separate lines.
    >
    > Account 1 on line 1 and account 2 on line 2.
    >
    > It is a two line device.

    Unless it's flashed with the SPA1001 firmware.....

    Jono, Mar 28, 2007
  9. Jono wrote:
    > {{{{{Welcome}}}}} explained on 28/03/2007 :
    >> Ian Richardson wrote:
    >>>
    >>> ...but I only want to use one phone line socket on the back of the
    >>> PAP2T. Will this work?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Ian

    >> The PAP2 has two separate lines.
    >>
    >> Account 1 on line 1 and account 2 on line 2.
    >>
    >> It is a two line device.

    > Unless it's flashed with the SPA1001 firmware.....

    Yes, that can be done, though the LEDs stop functioning, OK if you don't
    mind the slight problems.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Mar 28, 2007
  10. Ian Richardson

    Herman Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On 28 Mar 2007 08:27:37 -0700,
    > wrote:
    >
    >>On 28 Mar, 15:30, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
    >><bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

    >><snip>
    >>
    >>> With a PAP2 it is two separate lines.

    >>Would I be able to configure my account with voiptalk.org in some way
    >>(and if so, how?), or could I configure the PAP2T such that Line 1 can
    >>call out via voipcheap.co.uk and take incoming calls via voiptalk.org?
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Ian

    > You can't do a mix of providers on any one line.
    > To do what you want to do check out Voxalot.
    > Set up Voxalot for one of your PAP2 lines. Then set up Voxalot with
    > the incoming and outgoing providers of your choice.
    > When setting up make sure that the provider(s) that you want to be
    > incoming are set to 'register'.
    > There are tutorials now on the Voxalot site but, if after reading
    > them, you have further queries, you can always come back here with
    > further questions.
    > I use Voxalot as my main provider and I have found the Europe server
    > to be very reliable. It also means that you can have one voice mailbox
    > even if you have several registered incoming lines.
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Remember though that none of the Betamax companies work over Voxalot now -
    confirmed from two sources.

    Herman, Mar 28, 2007
  11. Ian Richardson

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 19:05:37 GMT, "Herman"
    <> wrote:

    >"Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> On 28 Mar 2007 08:27:37 -0700,
    >> wrote:

    >>><snip>

    >>>Would I be able to configure my account with voiptalk.org in some way
    >>>(and if so, how?), or could I configure the PAP2T such that Line 1 can
    >>>call out via voipcheap.co.uk and take incoming calls via voiptalk.org?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>
    >>>Ian

    >> You can't do a mix of providers on any one line.
    >> To do what you want to do check out Voxalot.
    >> Set up Voxalot for one of your PAP2 lines. Then set up Voxalot with
    >> the incoming and outgoing providers of your choice.
    >> When setting up make sure that the provider(s) that you want to be
    >> incoming are set to 'register'.
    >> There are tutorials now on the Voxalot site but, if after reading
    >> them, you have further queries, you can always come back here with
    >> further questions.
    >> I use Voxalot as my main provider and I have found the Europe server
    >> to be very reliable. It also means that you can have one voice mailbox
    >> even if you have several registered incoming lines.
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >Remember though that none of the Betamax companies work over Voxalot now -
    >confirmed from two sources.

    Thanks for that comment. This is true of one of the VSPs in Australia,
    not of their making though, it is just incompatibility. The Oz forums
    are creating a lot of fuss over this and the VSP has agreed to solve
    the incompatibility. So many people simply said that they wouldn't use
    any VSP that didn't work on Voxalot - people see it as that important.
    I would have opened an account with VoipCheap because, later this
    year, I would use it for mobile calls, but I won't be doing that
    because operation with Voxalot is essential for me.
    If users here adopted the same attitudes, as in Australia, then
    Betamax would have to sit up and listen. It is going to take a lot of
    emails and a lot of negative comments on the forums AND a willingness
    to leave the service if they don't offer the service people want.
    In the UK people just seem to accept high prices and poor service. It
    is no wonder that we pay a premium on so many things in this country,
    particularly when compared to the U.S., but also Europe.
    Betamax probably are wallowing in under the illusion that they offer
    the cheapest services all round. Well there are other companies if you
    look around, particularly for international calls. I detest companies
    that operate 'lock ins', 'walled gardens' and other competitor
    stifling operations and I just won't use them.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Mar 29, 2007