    for incoming calls and sip.voicebuster.com for outgoing call - while
    only using Line 1 connected to a phone ?

    tia

    LanMan, Jul 16, 2005

  2. LanMan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    LanMan wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to configure a Linksys pap2 to use
    > sipgate.co.uk for incoming calls and sip.voicebuster.com for
    > outgoing call - while only using Line 1 connected to a phone ?

    Don't think that is possible on that device. The Fritz!Box Fon from AVM
    will do it, but it's a complete modem/router/ATA and you may not want to
    replace your existing modem/router..!

    Why not use a BT Converse 2025 2-line phone..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 16, 2005

  3. LanMan

    LanMan Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:
    > LanMan wrote:
    >
    >>Does anyone know how to configure a Linksys pap2 to use
    >>sipgate.co.uk for incoming calls and sip.voicebuster.com for
    >>outgoing call - while only using Line 1 connected to a phone ?

    > Don't think that is possible on that device. The Fritz!Box Fon from AVM
    > will do it, but it's a complete modem/router/ATA and you may not want to
    > replace your existing modem/router..!
    >
    > Why not use a BT Converse 2025 2-line phone..?
    >
    > Ivor

    damn.... that's a bummer. I'd like to keep using my dect phones also.

    LanMan, Jul 16, 2005
  4. LanMan

    Maverick Guest

    Sipgate, Dect phones and PAP2 work fine for me...

    Mav

    Maverick, Jul 16, 2005
  5. On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 16:36:54 GMT, "Maverick" <>
    wrote:

    >Sipgate, Dect phones and PAP2 work fine for me...

    but can you service two VoIP accounts off a single phone ?

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !

    Phil Thompson, Jul 16, 2005
  6. LanMan

    LanMan Guest

    Maverick wrote:
    > Sipgate, Dect phones and PAP2 work fine for me...

    Sipgate is fine here also, but i'm trying to use different a/cs for in
    vs out

    LanMan, Jul 16, 2005
  7. LanMan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    LanMan wrote:
    > Maverick wrote:
    >> Sipgate, Dect phones and PAP2 work fine for me...

    > Sipgate is fine here also, but i'm trying to use different a/cs for
    > in vs out

    You can do that and a lot more with the Fritz!Box Fon from AVM that
    Sipgate are currently selling on their site, but it's not the cheapest
    option. It does work though, I'm very impressed with mine. (No, I'm not
    plugging it, although I do think it's good..!)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 16, 2005
  8. LanMan

    Dave Gill Guest

    LanMan <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to configure a Linksys pap2 to use sipgate.co.uk
    > for incoming calls and sip.voicebuster.com for outgoing call - while
    > only using Line 1 connected to a phone ?

    You can do that with the Sipura 1001, but not with the Linksys PAP2
    (which is based on the Sipura 2000). Unfortunately the 1001 costs about
    twice as much as the PAP2...

    Dave Gill, Jul 16, 2005
  9. LanMan

    Don Carter Guest

    On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:47:25 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >LanMan wrote:
    >> Maverick wrote:
    >>> Sipgate, Dect phones and PAP2 work fine for me...

    >> Sipgate is fine here also, but i'm trying to use different a/cs for
    >> in vs out

    >You can do that and a lot more with the Fritz!Box Fon from AVM that
    >Sipgate are currently selling on their site, but it's not the cheapest
    >option. It does work though, I'm very impressed with mine. (No, I'm not
    >plugging it, although I do think it's good..!)
    >
    >Ivor

    If you're not plugging it I'd hate to have to read through a plug.

    Don Carter, Jul 16, 2005
  10. LanMan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Don Carter wrote:

    [snip]

    > If you're not plugging it I'd hate to have to read through a plug.

    I just said I like it and that it will do the job the OP wants to do.
    Doesn't mean I have any business/financial interest in it, which is what I
    understand a 'plug' to be. Nothing wrong with someone recommending
    something they like, is there..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 17, 2005
  11. On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:28:27 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >. Nothing wrong with someone recommending
    >something they like, is there..?

    no, as long as we remember your "personal interest" in the company
    selling it.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jul 17, 2005
  12. LanMan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Phil Thompson wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:28:27 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> . Nothing wrong with someone recommending
    >> something they like, is there..?

    > no, as long as we remember your "personal interest" in the company
    > selling it.

    I have no interest in AVM at all. It is possible to buy their products
    from resellers other than Sipgate.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 17, 2005
  13. LanMan

    Martin² Guest

    LanMan
    >>Does anyone know how to configure a Linksys pap2 to use
    >>sipgate.co.uk for incoming calls and sip.voicebuster.com for
    >>outgoing call - while only using Line 1 connected to a phone ?

    Zyxel 2602HW or HWL WiFi router can do that, as well as use POTS line with
    the HWL,
    not cheap though.
    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin², Jul 17, 2005
  14. LanMan

    Don Carter Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Don Carter wrote:
    >
    >[snip]
    >
    >> If you're not plugging it I'd hate to have to read through a plug.

    >I just said I like it and that it will do the job the OP wants to do.
    >Doesn't mean I have any business/financial interest in it, which is what I
    >understand a 'plug' to be. Nothing wrong with someone recommending
    >something they like, is there..?
    >
    >Ivor

    Nothing whatsoever, but if you're recommending it then you're plugging
    it, so why not just say so? I notice it's sold by Sipgate.

    Don Carter, Jul 17, 2005
  15. LanMan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Don Carter wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 00:28:27 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Don Carter wrote:
    >>
    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>> If you're not plugging it I'd hate to have to read through a plug.

    >> I just said I like it and that it will do the job the OP wants to
    >> do. Doesn't mean I have any business/financial interest in it,
    >> which is what I understand a 'plug' to be. Nothing wrong with
    >> someone recommending something they like, is there..?
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > Nothing whatsoever, but if you're recommending it then you're
    > plugging it, so why not just say so? I notice it's sold by Sipgate.

    As I see it, there's a difference between a plug and a recommendation. The
    former implies a business connection and that I might get something out of
    encouraging sales, which is not the case.

    It's also sold by other suppliers if you look around.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 18, 2005
  16. LanMan

    Don Carter Guest

    On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 01:40:12 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >As I see it, there's a difference between a plug and a recommendation. The
    >former implies a business connection and that I might get something out of
    >encouraging sales, which is not the case.
    >
    >It's also sold by other suppliers if you look around.
    >
    >Ivor

    Then you see it wrong. A plug and a recommendation have no
    discernable difference. And quite frankly, giving the piece of
    equipmewnt a plug is nothing to be ashamed of, if it's a good piece of
    equipment, so why bother to deny it?

    Don Carter, Jul 18, 2005
  17. LanMan

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Don Carter wrote:
    > On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 01:40:12 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> As I see it, there's a difference between a plug and a
    >> recommendation. The former implies a business connection and that
    >> I might get something out of encouraging sales, which is not the
    >> case.
    >>
    >> It's also sold by other suppliers if you look around.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    > Then you see it wrong. A plug and a recommendation have no
    > discernable difference. And quite frankly, giving the piece of
    > equipmewnt a plug is nothing to be ashamed of, if it's a good piece
    > of equipment, so why bother to deny it?

    I just didn't want to be accused of having a business interest that
    doesn't exist. It *is* a good piece of equipment, although there are
    things with it that need to be addressed, but the manufacturers have been
    emailed about that.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jul 18, 2005