    altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and cut
    the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.

    Anyone have a pointer?
    Rob Johnson, Dec 19, 2009

  2. Rob Johnson

    Graham. Guest

    "Rob Johnson" <> wrote in message news:4b2ce488$0$2530$...
    > I'm wondering if anyone can offer me a pointer? I've hooked up a Linksys
    > PAP2 to my Asterisk 1.6 fairly painlessly. The only issue I can't beat
    > with it is the dial delay when calling internal or external numbers.
    >
    > No matter what it seems to take 10 -15 seconds to actually dial. I've
    > altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and cut
    > the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.
    >
    > Anyone have a pointer?

    Is your Asterisk dial plan explicitly defining digit count, or do the entries end with a dot.
    Are you dialling a # at the end of the number to indicate the number is complete?

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Dec 19, 2009

  3. Rob Johnson

    Rob Johnson Guest

    On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:15:11 +0000, Graham. wrote:

    > "Rob Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm wondering if anyone can offer me a pointer? I've hooked up a
    >> Linksys PAP2 to my Asterisk 1.6 fairly painlessly. The only issue I
    >> can't beat with it is the dial delay when calling internal or external
    >> numbers.
    >>
    >> No matter what it seems to take 10 -15 seconds to actually dial. I've
    >> altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and
    >> cut the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.
    >>
    >> Anyone have a pointer?

    > Is your Asterisk dial plan explicitly defining digit count, or do the
    > entries end with a dot. Are you dialling a # at the end of the number to
    > indicate the number is complete?

    Hi Graham,

    I would like to hug you. It's not the Asterisk dialplan that had the
    issue, it's the PAP2. Switched to this test pattern on the PAP2 (917010S0|
    1000S0|x.) {under admin advanced view on line 1(or 2) for the benefit of
    the archive}

    Breaking it down to a single match for an outbound pstn over dahdi to
    17070 specifically, and an internal sip specifically (no wildcard .) The
    speed picked up. The internal was instant, the dahdi about 4 seconds.
    That is ace news :)

    If only I could get the caller id to work with the el cheapo X100 clone
    that would be a bonus, but it's broke in dahdi for UK on this card :-(

    Thanks for the pointer - shins sore from kicking :)
    Rob Johnson, Dec 19, 2009
  4. Rob Johnson

    Graham. Guest

    "Rob Johnson" <> wrote in message news:4b2cf4e0$0$2530$...
    > On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:15:11 +0000, Graham. wrote:
    >
    >> "Rob Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >>> I'm wondering if anyone can offer me a pointer? I've hooked up a
    >>> Linksys PAP2 to my Asterisk 1.6 fairly painlessly. The only issue I
    >>> can't beat with it is the dial delay when calling internal or external
    >>> numbers.
    >>>
    >>> No matter what it seems to take 10 -15 seconds to actually dial. I've
    >>> altered the device removing all *xx combos and unnecessary waffle and
    >>> cut the dialplan string to (x.S0) but the problem persists.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone have a pointer?

    >> Is your Asterisk dial plan explicitly defining digit count, or do the
    >> entries end with a dot. Are you dialling a # at the end of the number to
    >> indicate the number is complete?

    > Hi Graham,
    >
    > I would like to hug you.
    > Steady Rob!

    > It's not the Asterisk dialplan that had the
    > issue, it's the PAP2. Switched to this test pattern on the PAP2 (917010S0|
    > 1000S0|x.) {under admin advanced view on line 1(or 2) for the benefit of
    > the archive}
    >
    > Breaking it down to a single match for an outbound pstn over dahdi to
    > 17070 specifically, and an internal sip specifically (no wildcard .) The
    > speed picked up. The internal was instant, the dahdi about 4 seconds.
    > That is ace news :)
    >
    > If only I could get the caller id to work with the el cheapo X100 clone
    > that would be a bonus, but it's broke in dahdi for UK on this card :-(
    >
    > Thanks for the pointer - shins sore from kicking :)

    Not sure how, but I'm, glad I was able to help.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Dec 19, 2009
  5. Rob Johnson

    Rob Johnson Guest

    On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:07:26 +0000, Graham. wrote:

    > "Rob Johnson" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:15:11 +0000, Graham. wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rob Johnson" <> wrote in message

    >>> Is your Asterisk dial plan explicitly defining digit count, or do the
    >>> entries end with a dot. Are you dialling a # at the end of the number
    >>> to indicate the number is complete?

    >> Hi Graham,
    >>
    >> I would like to hug you.
    >> Steady Rob!

    >> It's not the Asterisk dialplan that had the issue, it's the PAP2.
    >> Switched to this test pattern on the PAP2 (917010S0| 1000S0|x.) {under
    >> admin advanced view on line 1(or 2) for the benefit of the archive}
    >>
    >> Breaking it down to a single match for an outbound pstn over dahdi to
    >> 17070 specifically, and an internal sip specifically (no wildcard .)
    >> The speed picked up. The internal was instant, the dahdi about 4
    >> seconds. That is ace news :)
    >>
    >> If only I could get the caller id to work with the el cheapo X100 clone
    >> that would be a bonus, but it's broke in dahdi for UK on this card :-(
    >>
    >> Thanks for the pointer - shins sore from kicking :)

    > Not sure how, but I'm, glad I was able to help.

    Key was 'you have the right number of digits and not a wildcard'. Applied
    this to the dialplan on the PAP2 itself {not extensions.conf}, job
    jobed :)
    Rob Johnson, Dec 19, 2009
  6. Rob Johnson

    ggaragorry

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    PAP2 Delay dial

    Thanks a lot...I was looking for that issue for long time.
    ggaragorry, Jan 26, 2011