    I instal it, it says it is shutting down the system and will resume on reboot
    ... however .. on reboot, it goes into found new hardware and it asks for a
    network card driver .. the driver is not on the Linksys instal or my XP disk
    =?Utf-8?B?VGhvbQ==?=, Nov 8, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGhvbQ==?=

    David Hettel Guest

    Hmm Sounds like a conflict both the Linksys Driver program and windows is
    finding the card. Have you tried ignoring the windows found new hardware,
    and allowing the Linksys program to complete?

    --
    David Hettel

    E-mail or news groups.

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    no rights.

    David Hettel, Nov 8, 2006

  3. Hi
    Also make sure that you get rid of the previous "Ghosts" in the device
    manager, before you reinstall.
    http://www.ezlan.net/faq#ghost
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 8, 2006
  4. I finally decided to hardwire to the internet and was able to get the Linksys
    card driver to download during the instal process allowing it to hook to the
    internet .. however .. now when I turn the system off, it loses the driver
    and begins the "Found Hardware" all over again. I had set a restore point
    and it brought the driver back again but how can I keep from losing it
    everytime? Thanks for the help

    =?Utf-8?B?VGhvbQ==?=, Nov 10, 2006