Linksys G3 Wireless router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?Qks=?=, Jul 28, 2007.

  1. I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
    connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
    connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?
     
    =?Utf-8?B?Qks=?=, Jul 28, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Qks=?=

    Lem Guest

    BK wrote:
    > I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
    > connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
    > connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?


    Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop.

    See http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Although the "How to compose your post" advice does say to be concise,
    it doesn't mean to leave out all the details.

    BTW, do you have a WRT54G3G-ST? Or is there something else that you are
    referring to as a "Linksys G3"?

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    To the moon and back with 64 Kbits of RAM and 512 Kbits of ROM.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer
     
    Lem, Jul 28, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. "Lem" wrote:

    > BK wrote:
    > > I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
    > > connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
    > > connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?

    >
    > Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop.
    >
    > See http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >
    > Although the "How to compose your post" advice does say to be concise,
    > it doesn't mean to leave out all the details.
    >
    > BTW, do you have a WRT54G3G-ST? Or is there something else that you are
    > referring to as a "Linksys G3"?
    >
    > --
    > Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking
    >
    > To the moon and back with 64 Kbits of RAM and 512 Kbits of ROM.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer



    Sorry I was so brief. I have been accused of building a watch when asked
    for the time. Yes the Linksys Router is WRT54G3G-ST. I have updated the
    firmware to 2.009, which supports the PC 5750 datacard.
    >
     
    =?Utf-8?B?Qks=?=, Jul 28, 2007
    #3
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Qks=?=

    Lem Guest

    BK wrote:
    >
    > "Lem" wrote:
    >
    >> BK wrote:
    >>> I have purchased and set up a Linksys G3 Wireless router. The only way I can
    >>> connect to the router is hard-wired. My husbands laptop is running VISTA and
    >>> connents without problem. I am XP SP 2+; What am I doing wrong?

    >> Sorry, my crystal ball is in the shop.
    >>
    >> See http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >>
    >> Although the "How to compose your post" advice does say to be concise,
    >> it doesn't mean to leave out all the details.
    >>
    >> BTW, do you have a WRT54G3G-ST? Or is there something else that you are
    >> referring to as a "Linksys G3"?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking
    >>
    >> To the moon and back with 64 Kbits of RAM and 512 Kbits of ROM.
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer

    >
    >
    > Sorry I was so brief. I have been accused of building a watch when asked
    > for the time. Yes the Linksys Router is WRT54G3G-ST. I have updated the
    > firmware to 2.009, which supports the PC 5750 datacard.


    Let's try for a sundial ;)

    What did you do to "set up" the router and your computer?

    What happens when you try to connect wirelessly?

    Can you see your wireless network from a screen that looks like this:
    http://screenshots.modemhelp.net/sc...Connection/View_Wireless_Networks/Index.shtml

    This, from MVP Jack, may help: http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html



    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP - Networking

    To the moon and back with 64 Kbits of RAM and 512 Kbits of ROM.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_Guidance_Computer
     
    Lem, Jul 28, 2007
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Clayton

    Linksys WAG54G Wireless Router & PCMCIA Wireless Card

    Clayton, Dec 6, 2004, in forum: Wireless Networking
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    3,085
    Clayton
    Dec 10, 2004
  2. Colin
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    930
    Colin
    Jun 14, 2005
  3. spencerwill.com
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    4,442
    Peter
    May 26, 2005
  4. jkissing

    Wireless router on top of a linksys router

    jkissing, May 10, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    2,424
    Bucky Breeder
    May 11, 2004
  5. Replies:
    7
    Views:
    2,850
Loading...

Share This Page