Linksys Dial plan for UK

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by speckled hen, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. speckled hen

    speckled hen Guest

    Hi
    Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
    fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
    need to get my head around a dial plan.

    Thanks
     
    speckled hen, Dec 13, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. speckled hen

    Scope Guest

    speckled hen wrote:
    > Hi
    > Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
    > fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
    > need to get my head around a dial plan.
    >
    > Thanks
    >


    Try this one.. Replace 1793 with your local areacode

    (*xx|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<:00441793>[2-8]xxxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)

    Tried and tested. :)
     
    Scope, Dec 13, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. speckled hen

    speckled hen Guest

    Scope wrote:

    > speckled hen wrote:
    > > Hi
    > > Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
    > > fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
    > > need to get my head around a dial plan.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >

    >
    > Try this one.. Replace 1793 with your local areacode
    >
    > (*xx|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<:00441793>[2-8]xxxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
    >
    > Tried and tested. :)


    Great, all works just set up BT Broadband talk, that will keep her off
    my back.

    Thanks
     
    speckled hen, Dec 13, 2006
    #3
  4. speckled hen

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 09:29:23 GMT, Scope <> wrote:

    >speckled hen wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> Has anyone set up a dial plan on a linksys voip adaptor? The wife is
    >> fed up of dialing the full std code when calling local numbers so I
    >> need to get my head around a dial plan.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>

    >
    >Try this one.. Replace 1793 with your local areacode
    >
    >(*xx|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<:00441793>[2-8]xxxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
    >
    >Tried and tested. :)

    You can check out some notes I have made on
    www.leafcom.co.uk
    From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
    devised.
    Please access from a PRIVATE computer - NOT works.
    It is on temporary web space atm. I am working towards moving it and
    setting up a new site, with much more on it, but this all takes time.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
     
    Brian A, Dec 13, 2006
    #4
  5. speckled hen

    Rob Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > You can check out some notes I have made on
    > www.leafcom.co.uk
    > From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
    > devised.
    > Please access from a PRIVATE computer - NOT works.
    > It is on temporary web space atm. I am working towards moving it and
    > setting up a new site, with much more on it, but this all takes time.


    When I saw your link above I remembered trying it many months ago, so I
    thought I'd try again.

    Unfortunately it still doesn't work properly for me, it just goes into a
    seemingly endless redirect loop ("YGV redirect" if it means anything to
    you).

    Rob
     
    Rob, Dec 13, 2006
    #5
  6. speckled hen

    Nick Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    news:457ff022$0$8742$...
    >
    > "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    > > You can check out some notes I have made on
    > > www.leafcom.co.uk
    > > From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
    > > devised.
    > > Please access from a PRIVATE computer - NOT works.
    > > It is on temporary web space atm. I am working towards moving it and
    > > setting up a new site, with much more on it, but this all takes time.

    >
    > When I saw your link above I remembered trying it many months ago, so I
    > thought I'd try again.
    >
    > Unfortunately it still doesn't work properly for me, it just goes into a
    > seemingly endless redirect loop ("YGV redirect" if it means anything to
    > you).
    >
    > Rob
    >
    >

    Yes, same here and also remember trying the link previously.
    Having a few spare minutes to play around I tried the link on a machine
    that has no security measures installed. (intentionally)
    Straight in! Um, so the security software I have running on the main machine
    IS working for me and possibly blocking some "nasty" from doing its work.
     
    Nick, Dec 13, 2006
    #6
  7. speckled hen

    Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:24:02 GMT, "Nick" <>
    wrote:

    >
    >"Rob" <> wrote in message
    >news:457ff022$0$8742$...
    >>
    >> "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> news:...
    >>
    >> > You can check out some notes I have made on
    >> > www.leafcom.co.uk
    >> > From that I think that you'll grasp the basics of how a plan is
    >> > devised.
    >> > Please access from a PRIVATE computer - NOT works.
    >> > It is on temporary web space atm. I am working towards moving it and
    >> > setting up a new site, with much more on it, but this all takes time.

    >>
    >> When I saw your link above I remembered trying it many months ago, so I
    >> thought I'd try again.
    >>
    >> Unfortunately it still doesn't work properly for me, it just goes into a
    >> seemingly endless redirect loop ("YGV redirect" if it means anything to
    >> you).
    >>
    >> Rob
    >>
    >>

    >Yes, same here and also remember trying the link previously.
    >Having a few spare minutes to play around I tried the link on a machine
    >that has no security measures installed. (intentionally)
    >Straight in! Um, so the security software I have running on the main machine
    >IS working for me and possibly blocking some "nasty" from doing its work.
    >

    Sorry about that but it works fine for me.
    The new site will be on its own space so there won't be any problems -
    be a while yet though. :-(
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
     
    Brian A, Dec 14, 2006
    #7
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. John DH

    Dial voipcheap from dial plan

    John DH, Feb 1, 2006, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    2,717
    John DH
    Feb 1, 2006
  2. Phil

    Dial Plan Quick Dial Numbers??

    Phil, May 3, 2007, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    753
    PhilÅ
    May 4, 2007
  3. Mike Sun
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    845
    Mike Sun
    Dec 7, 2007
  4. Marc Zirnheld

    How NOT to dial with Sipura's dial plan ?

    Marc Zirnheld, Mar 25, 2008, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,616
    Marc Zirnheld
    Mar 26, 2008
  5. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,057
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page