    start up the computer it automatically uses the Windows Wireless Zero
    Configuration instead of the linksys software. I've tried uninstalling the
    linksys software but then i can't connect to the network at all. Suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?VW5yZWFsY2hhbXA=?=, Nov 5, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VW5yZWFsY2hhbXA=?=

    Gary Smith Guest

    Unrealchamp <> wrote:
    > I am using a linksys wireless usb adapter on one of the computers in my
    > network and was wondering if there is a way to set it up so that when you
    > start up the computer it automatically uses the Windows Wireless Zero
    > Configuration instead of the linksys software. I've tried uninstalling the
    > linksys software but then i can't connect to the network at all. Suggestions?

    It's been a while since I did this, but I believe that you need to start
    the Wireless Configuration service for the current session and set it to
    automatic for future session. If you're running Win 2000 I can tell you
    how to do that, but I don't have an XP system at hand to check.

    --
    Gary L. Smith
    Columbus, Ohio

    Gary Smith, Nov 6, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VW5yZWFsY2hhbXA=?=

    __spc__ Guest

    "Gary Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Unrealchamp <> wrote:
    >> I am using a linksys wireless usb adapter on one of the computers in my
    >> network and was wondering if there is a way to set it up so that when you
    >> start up the computer it automatically uses the Windows Wireless Zero
    >> Configuration instead of the linksys software. I've tried uninstalling
    >> the
    >> linksys software but then i can't connect to the network at all.
    >> Suggestions?

    > It's been a while since I did this, but I believe that you need to start
    > the Wireless Configuration service for the current session and set it to
    > automatic for future session. If you're running Win 2000 I can tell you
    > how to do that, but I don't have an XP system at hand to check.
    >
    > --
    > Gary L. Smith
    > Columbus, Ohio

    For XP, right mouse-click My Computer > Manage.

    In teh Computer Management window that appears, on the left, select
    Services, then in the pane on the right, scroll to Wireless Zero Config.
    Right mouse-click on it, then Properties, then Start and Auto.

    __spc__, Nov 6, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?VW5yZWFsY2hhbXA=?=, Nov 7, 2005