[Linksys 3102] Call group through VoIP?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Vincent Delporte, Oct 9, 2006.

  1. Hello

    Some of our users have GSM and need to be called when a call comes in
    from the PSTN. I was wondering if some VoIP provider offers the
    following:

    - all SIP phones (soft and hard) register with the VoIP provider
    - I add some extensions for the GSM phones
    - all those extensions are made into a group extension
    - The Linksys is set up to call that group extension, and ring all
    phones, whether IP or GSM.

    Here's the layout:

    http://codecomplete.free.fr/sip_proxy.jpg

    Has anyone tried this? We're located in Europe, so if you know of good
    VoIP providers here...

    Thank you!
     
    Vincent Delporte, Oct 9, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Vincent Delporte

    Thomas Guest

    This looks like a job for Asterisk (http://www.asterisk.org).

    Thanks,

    Thomas
    http://www.betterphone.org

    Vincent Delporte wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > Some of our users have GSM and need to be called when a call comes in
    > from the PSTN. I was wondering if some VoIP provider offers the
    > following:
    >
    > - all SIP phones (soft and hard) register with the VoIP provider
    > - I add some extensions for the GSM phones
    > - all those extensions are made into a group extension
    > - The Linksys is set up to call that group extension, and ring all
    > phones, whether IP or GSM.
    >
    > Here's the layout:
    >
    > http://codecomplete.free.fr/sip_proxy.jpg
    >
    > Has anyone tried this? We're located in Europe, so if you know of good
    > VoIP providers here...
    >
    > Thank you!
     
    Thomas, Oct 10, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On 10 Oct 2006 04:19:53 -0700, "Thomas" <> wrote:
    >This looks like a job for Asterisk (http://www.asterisk.org).


    Thanks. I'm already using a PBX, but I was wondering if I could get
    rid of it by outsourcing the job to the Linksys + VoIP provider.
     
    Vincent Delporte, Oct 10, 2006
    #3
  4. "Vincent Delporte" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Thanks. I'm already using a PBX, but I was wondering if I could get
    > rid of it by outsourcing the job to the Linksys + VoIP provider.


    Vincent,

    Check out www.easypabx.com. They offer free, virtual Asterisk which is
    managed from the web site (looks somewhat like AMPortal). They are in
    Denmark so latency may not be as bad some other outfits.

    Jonathan
     
    Jonathan Roberts, Oct 12, 2006
    #4
  5. On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 07:25:00 -0500, "Jonathan Roberts"
    <> wrote:
    >Check out www.easypabx.com. They offer free, virtual Asterisk which is
    >managed from the web site (looks somewhat like AMPortal). They are in
    >Denmark so latency may not be as bad some other outfits.


    Mmmm.. yup, hadn't thought of outsourcing the PBX. I'll check it
    out... after I checked out Yate for Windows ;-)

    Thx.
     
    Vincent Delporte, Oct 12, 2006
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Vincent Delporte
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,077
    Vincent Delporte
    Aug 13, 2006
  2. Vincent Delporte
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    843
    Vincent Delporte
    Aug 24, 2006
  3. Vincent Delporte
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    1,455
    Vincent Delporte
    Sep 4, 2006
  4. Vincent Delporte
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    871
    Vincent Delporte
    Oct 20, 2006
  5. Port Admiral Haynes

    Increase Volume On A Linksys SPA-3102

    Port Admiral Haynes, Apr 20, 2007, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    1,823
Loading...

Share This Page