    get it to work sipgate although it works fine for voipcheap.

    Additionally is it possible to use the (unused) PSTN line to register with a
    second SIP provider.

    Nick, Jan 30, 2008

  2. Nick

    Mike Sun Guest

    "Nick" <> wrote in message
    news:in2oj.1290$...
    > Is it possible to set Sipgate up as a gateway for only dialing out or do
    > you have to register Sipgate as the Line1 account. I have tried this and I
    > can't get it to work sipgate although it works fine for voipcheap.
    >
    > Additionally is it possible to use the (unused) PSTN line to register with
    > a second SIP provider.

    Yes it is possible - just make sure you use the syntax e.g.
    under say Gateway 1 on the "Line 1" tab. and e.g.
    81nnnn for your GW1 Auth ID:.

    Perhaps don't use the PSTN line to register with a second provider; rather
    use the Gateway accounts for outgoing and "Line 1" for incoming (and/or
    outgoing) SIP provider. You can only have 1 incoming SIP provider monitoring
    incoming calls plus of course your PSTN line.

    Cheers from Mike

    Mike Sun, Jan 30, 2008

  3. Nick

    Jono Guest

    on 30/01/2008, Mike Sun supposed :
    > "Nick" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to set Sipgate up as a gateway for only dialing out or do
    >> you have to register Sipgate as the Line1 account. I have tried this and I
    >> can't get it to work sipgate although it works fine for voipcheap.
    >>
    >> Additionally is it possible to use the (unused) PSTN line to register with
    >> a second SIP provider.

    > Yes it is possible - just make sure you use the syntax e.g.
    > under say Gateway 1 on the "Line 1" tab. and e.g. 81nnnn
    > for your GW1 Auth ID:.

    Or in other words, it used to be possible; however, to use Sipgate,
    your device must register to Sipgate.

    I would love to be corrected.

    Jono, Jan 30, 2008
  4. Nick

    Mike Sun Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > Or in other words, it used to be possible; however, to use Sipgate, your
    > device must register to Sipgate.
    >
    > I would love to be corrected.

    Hmm - works for me - i.e. I can dial out via Sipgate on Gateway 1 with
    voipcheap.com registered or I can have sipgate registered and dial out with
    voipcheap on Gateway 1.

    I normally have sipgate registered to allow incoming calls via sipgate as I
    have no incoming number for voipcheap.

    Mike Sun, Jan 30, 2008
  5. Nick

    Jono Guest

    Mike Sun was thinking very hard :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Or in other words, it used to be possible; however, to use Sipgate, your
    >> device must register to Sipgate.
    >>
    >> I would love to be corrected.
    >>

    > Hmm - works for me - i.e. I can dial out via Sipgate on Gateway 1 with
    > voipcheap.com registered or I can have sipgate registered and dial out with
    > voipcheap on Gateway 1.
    >
    > I normally have sipgate registered to allow incoming calls via sipgate as I
    > have no incoming number for voipcheap.

    Could you leave it unregisterd for a while & retry?

    I have an SPA1002 with Sipgate on L1 & voip.co.uk on L2. Upto the time
    Sipgate "improved" their setup, I could dial using Sipgate from either
    Line, now it's only possible on the line registered.

    Jono, Jan 30, 2008
  6. Nick

    Mike Sun Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > Could you leave it unregisterd for a while & retry?
    >
    > I have an SPA1002 with Sipgate on L1 & voip.co.uk on L2. Upto the time
    > Sipgate "improved" their setup, I could dial using Sipgate from either
    > Line, now it's only possible on the line registered.

    How long are you thinking of?

    Mike Sun, Jan 30, 2008
  7. Nick

    Nick Guest

    "Mike Sun" <> wrote in message

    > "Nick" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to set Sipgate up as a gateway for only dialing out or do
    >> you have to register Sipgate as the Line1 account. I have tried this and
    >> I can't get it to work sipgate although it works fine for voipcheap.
    >>
    >> Additionally is it possible to use the (unused) PSTN line to register
    >> with a second SIP provider.

    > Yes it is possible - just make sure you use the syntax e.g.
    > under say Gateway 1 on the "Line 1" tab. and e.g.
    > 81nnnn for your GW1 Auth ID:.

    Great. I wasn't using the 81nnnn bit. It works now.

    > Perhaps don't use the PSTN line to register with a second provider; rather
    > use the Gateway accounts for outgoing and "Line 1" for incoming (and/or
    > outgoing) SIP provider. You can only have 1 incoming SIP provider
    > monitoring incoming calls plus of course your PSTN line.

    I had hoped that a second SIP provider could be used for incoming.

    Thanks.

    Nick, Jan 30, 2008
  8. Nick

    Jono Guest

    Mike Sun submitted this idea :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Could you leave it unregisterd for a while & retry?
    >>
    >> I have an SPA1002 with Sipgate on L1 & voip.co.uk on L2. Upto the time
    >> Sipgate "improved" their setup, I could dial using Sipgate from either
    >> Line, now it's only possible on the line registered.
    >>

    > How long are you thinking of?

    No need. The OP has proved you correct.

    Now how the bl**dy hell to get it to work on the SPA1002....

    Jono, Jan 31, 2008
  9. Nick

    TheFug Guest

    Mike Sun schreef:
    > "Nick" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to set Sipgate up as a gateway for only dialing out or do
    >> you have to register Sipgate as the Line1 account. I have tried this and I
    >> can't get it to work sipgate although it works fine for voipcheap.
    >>
    >> Additionally is it possible to use the (unused) PSTN line to register with
    >> a second SIP provider.

    > Yes it is possible - just make sure you use the syntax e.g.
    > under say Gateway 1 on the "Line 1" tab. and e.g.
    > 81nnnn for your GW1 Auth ID:.
    >
    > Perhaps don't use the PSTN line to register with a second provider; rather
    > use the Gateway accounts for outgoing and "Line 1" for incoming (and/or
    > outgoing) SIP provider. You can only have 1 incoming SIP provider monitoring
    > incoming calls plus of course your PSTN line.
    >
    > Cheers from Mike

    If you register your accounts at Mysipswitch, and you register
    Mysipswitch as line1, you can have many more incomming call providers,
    the service is free, checkout the website, i use it myself , it has an
    easy setup, and they are still adding features, checkout also the forum
    section(s) on that site.

    --

    The Fug.

    ( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )