Links/Page browser movement either banned/slow move

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Thaqalain, Oct 30, 2005.

  1. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Several times I am getting No-entry sign(small circle with diagonal
    line)momentarily 1/2 times when I click the link,it works on 3rd try.
    When I get Yahoo news page,it moved too slow downward by mouse.
    Voice lossed intermittently while opening another window/clicking
    another link via RealPlayer Ver 10.5.
    How can I fix these problems.

    Computer:
    Operating System Microsoft Windows ME
    OS Service Pack -
    DirectX 4.08.01.0881 (DirectX 8.1)
    Computer Name USER (USER)
    User Name user

    Motherboard:
    CPU Type AMD K6-2, 550 MHz (5.5 x 100)
    Motherboard Name USI Pro283
    Motherboard Chipset SiS 540
    System Memory 176 MB (SDRAM)
    BIOS Type Award Modular (07/11/00)
    Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
    Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)
    Multimedia:
    Audio Adapter SiS 7018 Audio Accelerator
    Network Adapter PPP Adapter.
    Network Adapter PPP Adapter.
    Network Adapter SiS NIC SISNIC
    Network Adapter Speedstream Ethernet USB Adapter (192.168.2.10)
    Modem Conexant HCF V90 56K Data Fax PCI Modem

    Peripherals:
    USB1 Controller SiS 7001 PCI-USB Open Host Controller
    USB1 Controller SiS 7001 PCI-USB Open Host Controller
    USB Device Speedstream Ethernet USB Adapter
    Physical Memory:
    Total 175 MB
    Used 164 MB
    Free 10 MB
    Utilization 94 %

    Swap Space:
    Total 1872 MB
    Used 115 MB
    Free 1757 MB
    Utilization 6 %

    Virtual Memory:
    Total 2047 MB
    Used 279 MB
    Free 1768 MB
    Utilization 14 %
    --------[ Windows Audio
    ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    aux.0 0000 0000
    midi-in.0 0001 0067 MPU-401
    midi-out.0 0001 0066 Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth
    midi-out.1 0001 0066 SiS Wavetable
    midi-out.2 0001 0066 MPU-401
    mixer.0 0001 0068 SiS 7018 Wave
    wave-in.0 0001 0065 SiS 7018 Wave
    wave-out.0 0001 0064 SiS 7018 Wave

    Thaqalain, Oct 30, 2005

  2. Thaqalain

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Thaqalain wrote:
    > Several times I am getting No-entry sign(small circle with diagonal
    > line)momentarily 1/2 times when I click the link,it works on 3rd try.
    > When I get Yahoo news page,it moved too slow downward by mouse.
    > Voice lossed intermittently while opening another window/clicking
    > another link via RealPlayer Ver 10.5.
    > How can I fix these problems.
    >
    > Computer:
    > Operating System Microsoft Windows ME
    > CPU Type AMD K6-2, 550 MHz (5.5 x 100)
    > System Memory 176 MB (SDRAM)

    Start by getting a real computer and losing that WinME crap. You're trying
    to run 2005 software on a 1999 PC. It's getting tired. Too slow. Run down.
    Old dog - new tricks. You don't have enough horsepower under the hood. Get
    the picture?

    like an idiot.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 30, 2005

  3. Thaqalain

    Thaqalain Guest

    Thanks for your valuable tech advices,while I am typing reply I can't
    look alphas same time,it is appearing after a moment.

    Thaqalain, Oct 30, 2005
  4. Thaqalain

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2005-10-30, Thaqalain <> wrote:
    > Several times I am getting No-entry sign(small circle with diagonal
    > line)momentarily 1/2 times when I click the link,it works on 3rd try.
    > When I get Yahoo news page,it moved too slow downward by mouse.
    > Voice lossed intermittently while opening another window/clicking
    > another link via RealPlayer Ver 10.5.
    > How can I fix these problems.

    snip

    Stop asking your computer to do so many things at once.

    You might notice some improvement if you add more RAM.

    If you really need to have 'multimedia' running while you do other things,
    you will need a more powerful computer.

    Some people believe that Linux or BSD make better use of your computer's
    resources than Windows does.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Oct 31, 2005