    alink and it does not open. If i copy the address it will work. But
    clicking on thelink does not. I have norton installed on my computer too.
    Please help.

    Michael Bower, Apr 15, 2006

  2. Michael Bower

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Michael - Try this (Trust me - I did understand that you're talking about
    OE :) ).

    Go to Start|Run and enter "regsvr32 /i urlmon.dll" (without the quotes).
    After you get a Success message, re-boot. If that doesn't work, then check
    out the following article and do the additional steps outlined there:

    You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
    Click a Link
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281679

    Also see these articles: http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/27.html
    and, Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1 may display a blank Web page
    after you select Auto-Select encoding http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870863

    If you're on XP your can try MVP Ramesh's .reg fix here which sometimes can
    help:
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/reg/IE_Default_Browser.reg

    --
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP/DTS/AH-VSOP
    My Blog, Defending Your Machine, here:

    Jim Byrd, Apr 15, 2006

  3. Michael Bower wrote:

    > does any one know why when i receive a email in outlook expresss. I
    > click on alink and it does not open. If i copy the address it will
    > work. But clicking on thelink does not. I have norton installed on
    > my computer too. Please help.

    See the thread "OE dead links" by Jos. Wheeler, earlier today.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 15, 2006
  4. Thanks Jim,

    I will try this out.

    Michael Bower, Apr 15, 2006
  5. Michael Bower

    Jos. Wheeler Guest

    "Michael Bower" <> wrote in message
    > does any one know why when i receive a email in outlook expresss. I click
    > on alink and it does not open. If i copy the address it will work. But
    > clicking on thelink does not. I have norton installed on my computer too.
    > Please help.

    Had the same problem this morning and fixed it by clearing browser cache as
    suggested in this NG. Not sure why that worked but it did.

    Jos.

    Jos. Wheeler, Apr 15, 2006
  6. Michael Bower

    Peaches Guest

    > Thanks Jim,
    >
    > I will try this out.

    The date of your original post correlates with a MS security patch that
    has caused problems, you may have noted the posts of Au79 bringing
    our attention to this issue. Here is the MS KB article:

    Peaches, Apr 20, 2006