Linking Private Address in Google Calendar to a Gmail e-mail Link: Error code.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gamersez@gmail.com, Apr 14, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Example:

    * Work Schedule

    I use the HTML generated Private Address URL in Google Calendar (in
    settings > calendar details) and hyperlink it to "Work Schedule".

    Then, e-mailing myself (to check if the URL is accurate0 and clicking
    upon "Work Schedule" I receive an error code:
    "Invalid calendar id: 15dnth2k05hrcgblv8gbrh3aeg
    %40group.calendar.google.com" for example

    As far as I can ascertain, when I add the Private Address URL to the
    Link feature in Gmail, extra addressing is added:
    http://www.google.com/calendar/embe...le.com&pvttk=f1245e5063556253c966519252fd1cb8

    Now compare compare the extra letters and numbers it to the original

    Notice the difference?

    [Both hyperlinks are examples modified from actual calendar
    addresses.]

    This is befuddling. I suspect only Google may know why extra
    addressing is added, and how to fix this...unless someone else has had
    this problem and knows why...

    Here are my questions:
    - Can someone please explain to me why extra addressing is added when
    I use the Link feature in Gmail? Is there anyway for me to be neat and
    tidy using the Gmail Link feature without having to add the really
    long URL from Google Calendar?
    - Where can I make suggestions to the Gmail Team at Google?

    , Apr 14, 2007

  2. why? Guest

    On 13 Apr 2007 22:27:37 -0700, wrote:

    >Example:
    >
    >* Work Schedule
    >
    >I use the HTML generated Private Address URL in Google Calendar (in
    >settings > calendar details) and hyperlink it to "Work Schedule".
    >
    >Then, e-mailing myself (to check if the URL is accurate0 and clicking
    >upon "Work Schedule" I receive an error code:
    >"Invalid calendar id: 15dnth2k05hrcgblv8gbrh3aeg
    >%40group.calendar.google.com" for example
    >
    >As far as I can ascertain, when I add the Private Address URL to the
    >Link feature in Gmail, extra addressing is added:
    >http://www.google.com/calendar/embe...le.com&pvttk=f1245e5063556253c966519252fd1cb8
    >
    >Now compare compare the extra letters and numbers it to the original
    >
    >Notice the difference?

    You wouldn't like to do anything really thoughtless and point out the
    difference without expecting anyone to read through all of that and
    compare it character at a time would you.

    No maybe not you want help but ask for others to do more work.

    >[Both hyperlinks are examples modified from actual calendar
    >addresses.]
    >
    >This is befuddling. I suspect only Google may know why extra
    >addressing is added, and how to fix this...unless someone else has had

    I suspect that where you totally misuse the 'extra addressing' if you
    thought it wasn't extra addressing then you may actually see what's
    happened.

    >this problem and knows why...
    >
    >Here are my questions:
    >- Can someone please explain to me why extra addressing is added when
    >I use the Link feature in Gmail? Is there anyway for me to be neat and

    You mean the 25?

    If it's URL encoding then try,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding

    Oddly enough without seeing it I can't be bothered to go through the
    process you did, %25 in hex
    http://www.asciitable.com/
    is the URL encoding for a '%' percent sign.

    This makes %40 become %2540 , i.e. the <url encoded %>40

    >tidy using the Gmail Link feature without having to add the really
    >long URL from Google Calendar?

    Ah well that you can see from lots of posts in 24hshd

    http://tinyurl.com/
    Welcome to TinyURL!™
    Are you sick of posting URLs in emails only to have it break when sent
    causing the recipient to have to cut and paste it back together? Then
    you've come to the right place. By entering in a URL in the text field
    below, we will create a tiny URL that will not break in email postings
    and never expires.

    >- Where can I make suggestions to the Gmail Team at Google?

    Maybe this is wrong, but it couldn't be this simple?

    http://gmail.google.com
    About Google Mail -
    http://mail.google.com/mail/help/intl/en/about.html
    Gmail Help Center -
    (It really can't be anything to do with Help, can it?)
    http://mail.google.com/support/?ctx=about
    Suggest a feature
    Got a feature suggestion for Gmail? Let us know.
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/request.py?contact_type=suggest

    ME

    why?, Apr 14, 2007

  3. Guest

    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:

    >>Notice the difference?

    >You wouldn't like to do anything really thoughtless and point out the
    >difference without expecting anyone to read through all of that and
    >compare it character at a time would you.
    >
    >No maybe not you want help but ask for others to do more work.

    Tabbed widows :) it kinda jumps at you when you select back and froth.
    @ is replaced by %40

    No help here.
    --

    http://www.neave.com/imagination/