    How do I get the two computers to connect to each other?

    Any help gratefully accepted!

    Thanks

    Dave S., Aug 9, 2008

  2. Dave S.

    Lem Guest

    Dave S. wrote:
    > Desktop with XP SP2 connected by cable to wireless router
    > Laptop with Vista Home premium connected wirelessly to router
    > Both connect to internet OK
    > How do I get the two computers to connect to each other?
    >
    > Any help gratefully accepted!
    >
    > Thanks

    You've done half the work by getting them both to connect through a
    wireless router. For the other half, see these links:

    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/vista/010808vista_networking_tips.htm
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120

    --
    Lem -- MS-MVP

    Lem, Aug 9, 2008

  3. Dave S.

    Dave S. Guest

    I shall go away and read, and then have another go.

    Thanks for your help
    Dave S.

    \

    Dave S., Aug 9, 2008