    John Smith Guest

    Say I wanted to link to 24hoursupport in a webforum using BBCode. How would
    I do that?
    John Smith, Sep 30, 2006

  2. John Smith

    John Smith Guest

    I thought maybe I could use HTML and just do <A
    HREF="news://24hoursupport.helpdesk"> but that didn't work.

    John Smith, Sep 30, 2006

  3. John Smith

    richard Guest

    "John Smith" <> wrote in message
    > Say I wanted to link to 24hoursupport in a webforum using BBCode. How
    > would I do that?

    You can't do it directly as in an internet website link.
    To access usenet, the user has to have an account that accesses usenet.
    Websites like layover.com, have such accounts and using bulletin board style
    software, can emulate the effect that a newsgroup is a forum, when it is
    not.

    The "news" prefix tells your browser, or newsreader, to open YOUR
    newshandler and retrieve the group given.

    What you need to do is to link to a website on the internet that carries the
    group and has direct access.
    Such as www.layover.com/24hoursupport.helpdesk.
    Or however they would have it set up.
    richard, Sep 30, 2006