    that allows link creation??

    TIA
    Bob S.

    Bob S., May 11, 2004

  2. Bob S.

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    (Bob S.) wrote in
    news::

    > When I type in a link (www.wxyz.com for example) in OE6, it underlines
    > and creates a link. But when I try to create a link in IE6, it handles
    > it as text and does not create a link. Where is that @#$%$#@ switch
    > that allows link creation??

    ?

    "create a link in IE6"? Do you mean create a link as in make a webpage
    with a link? You need to write it in HTML, not plain text. As in, if you
    want a link to http://www.wxyz.com you would do:
    the site http://www.wxyz.com/
    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, May 11, 2004

  3. Bob S.

    Chet Guest

    Not sure what you mean by creating a link in IE. IE is a browser. If you
    are referring to including a link when filling out a form, it is up to the
    handling server whether it becomes a link or just so much text.

    Chet, May 11, 2004
  4. Bob S.

    Bob S. Guest

    (Bob S.) wrote in message news:<>...
    > When I type in a link (www.wxyz.com for example) in OE6, it underlines
    > and creates a link. But when I try to create a link in IE6, it handles
    > it as text and does not create a link. Where is that @#$%$#@ switch
    > that allows link creation??
    >
    > TIA
    > Bob S.

    That's strange! It did not show underlined or link before I sent the
    message, but when I pulled the message up, there it was as a link.
    Does that happen in the "send" mode, or did Google convert it?

    Bob S.

    Bob S., May 12, 2004
  5. Bob S.

    Bob S. Guest

    "Chet" <chartley(nospam)> wrote in message news:<8Gboc.74497$kh4.4208607@attbi_s52>...
    > Not sure what you mean by creating a link in IE. IE is a browser. If you
    > are referring to including a link when filling out a form, it is up to the
    > handling server whether it becomes a link or just so much text.

    Perhaps I'm not clear on what a browser does. I thought that a
    browser was simply a software interface between my computer and
    another computer/server on the web. Under that assumption, while
    typing a message to a web site such as Google, I thought that typing a
    web address on my computer would result in a blue underlined "link",
    and that data would be strictly on my computer until I pressed the
    send/submit/post button which would trasmit the data, via the browser,
    to the web site I was connected to.

    That isn't happening like I thought it would. Under OE, the typed web
    address turns blue/underlined immediately. But using IE it happens,
    if it happens at all, after the data leaves my computer. Am I to
    assume then that I have no control over a typed web address being just
    text or it becoming a link?

    Bob S.

    Bob S., May 12, 2004