Link is to email address not to a URL

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ~BD~, May 3, 2009.

  1. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    > In reference to SpyBot S&D, please read the following thread...

    David

    When I click on that link I'm sent to an email address (in Outlook Express)
    whilst looking at this newsgroup using my wife's laptop with XP Home SP3

    How can I see the thread to which you refer?

    Thanks

    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, May 3, 2009

  2. ~BD~

    Gerard Bok Guest

    On Sun, 3 May 2009 19:51:39 +0100, "~BD~"
    <> wrote:

    >"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> In reference to SpyBot S&D, please read the following thread...

    >When I click on that link I'm sent to an email address (in Outlook Express)
    >whilst looking at this newsgroup using my wife's laptop with XP Home SP3
    >
    >How can I see the thread to which you refer?

    Goto www.deja.com (That's Google now :)
    Copy the message-ID into the search frame.

    --
    Kind regards,
    Gerard Bok

    Gerard Bok, May 3, 2009

  3. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    Thank you, Gerard - much appreciate you reply! :)

    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, May 3, 2009
  4. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    > From: "~BD~" <>
    >
    > | "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in message
    >
    >>> In reference to SpyBot S&D, please read the following thread...

    > | David
    >
    > | When I click on that link I'm sent to an email address (in Outlook
    > Express)
    > | whilst looking at this newsgroup using my wife's laptop with XP Home SP3
    >
    > | How can I see the thread to which you refer?
    >
    > | Thanks
    >
    > | --
    > | Dave
    >

    > This was NOT a security related question and thus should not have been
    > posted here.
    >
    > As I stated in reply to your other, Multi-Posted question...
    >
    > It is not a link nor URI. Your News Client falsely considers it an email
    > URI, due to the
    > '@ sign' and thus makes it "clickable" such as; _@sign .
    >
    > Just because you don't understand the underlying concept of of a NNTP
    > Message ID does not
    > make it a security question.
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    I accept your responses, David - I simply wanted folk outwith the Microsoft
    groups to review matters and, perhaps, comment.

    Tell me, which might be considered suitable newgroups in which to ask
    *general* questions about computing matters?

    I've *never* spotted anyone - ever - recommending folk should post at
    Annexcafe User2User to have questions answered.

    It seems really good (superficially) - so why is it never mentioned?

    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, May 4, 2009