    XP.

    How do I proceed?

    Thanks so much.

    Dejola, Feb 9, 2005

  2. Dejola

    edard Guest

    This may be of help: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000600.htm

    edard, Feb 9, 2005

  3. Dejola

    why? Guest

    On 9 Feb 2005 11:17:35 -0800, Dejola wrote:

    >The CD drawer on my Thinkpad is stuck closed and I can't get it open,
    >so I'd like to put an installation CD in my other notebook computer and
    >install the app on the Thinkpad with the stuck CD drawer. I figured I
    >could by a crossover cable and link the two computers, but what do I do
    >next? Not very familiar with transferring stuff from one computer to
    >another.

    There are 2 basic options, a some sites posted a lot in 24hshd are:

    1. Direct Cable Connection (DCC) (also Infra Red)
    http://www.wown.com/articles_tutorials/dcc/
    lots of other tutorials and illustrated guides
    http://www.wown.com/articles_tutorials/

    2. Installing network cards with x-over cable using TCP/IP.
    Both 2000/XP will use APIPA for automatic addressing.
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/A/APIPA.html

    See site as above and other guides
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/
    http://www.homenethelp.com/home-network.asp
    http://www.homepcnetwork.com/

    >The target computer is the Thinkpad running Windows 2000 Professional.
    >The source would be the CD drive on a second Thinkpad running Windows
    >XP.
    >
    >How do I proceed?

    >Thanks so much.

    Me

    why?, Feb 9, 2005
  4. Dejola

    Dejola Guest

    Thanks for all the suggestions. Turned out I was able to get the
    critter open.

    Thanks again.

    Dejola, Feb 14, 2005