    Any ideas,
    If I use Group policy, which policy do I invoke or create?
    I don't really want to use 3rd pty software
    tinktech, Nov 7, 2005

  2. "tinktech" <> wrote in message
    news:adCbf.5516$...
    > I am setting up a XP pro system and need to limit the access to one

    program
    > (quick books) and one internet site (Canada Post).
    > One user only on this system...
    > Any ideas,
    > If I use Group policy, which policy do I invoke or create?
    > I don't really want to use 3rd pty software

    These are more general groups.. although you might get an answer, I suggest
    reporting in something more specific (can't recall if the XP group creation
    went through in the end, but there are several microsoft.public and alt.os
    groups you might want to look at. microsoft.public.windows.server.security
    has a lot on this sort of thing..

    It also depends on the infrastructure involved, exactly how secure you want
    to make it, and how unmanageable a system you're willing to live with. Note
    that "secure" includes things like backups.

    HTH

    Hairy One Kenobi

    in the first place. So there!
    Hairy One Kenobi, Nov 7, 2005