    I have the Linksys BEFSX41. Is there an after market software package or
    something that works with the router to do something like that?

    Any thoughts appreciated.
    trs80, Aug 23, 2006

  2. In article <TzSGg.465$B14.162@dukeread03>, trs80 <> wrote:
    >Is there some way to limit users to some max of network throughput, say in %
    >of total?
    >I have the Linksys BEFSX41. Is there an after market software package or
    >something that works with the router to do something like that?

    Probably not without replacing the entire software. and it would
    require an extensive reworking of functionality.

    Identifying users requires that the users authenticate to the
    device, which could -potentially- be done just with a local user
    database, but would usually be implemented in terms of RADIUS
    or TACACS+ or NT server. It is usually noticably easier for designers
    to implement restrictions per IP instead of per user.

    The BEFSX41 does not appear to be Linux based, and I have not been
    able to find a Linux port for it in the time I spent investigating.
    I do find, though, that kaeilos.com (formly KLinux) generally supports the
    ARM940T processor that is in the BEFSX41, so if you were to purchase
    the kaeilos toolkit and had the patience to hack it, in theory you
    could put together a port... eventually.
    Walter Roberson, Aug 23, 2006

  3. trs80

    trs80 Guest

    I found a QOS in this router that does allow among other things to limit
    usage by port connection down to 256kbps and also give priority to specif
    MAC or IP. I tried my MAC as highest priority. Well see if that helps
    punch through my kids downloading domination.

    trs80, Aug 24, 2006
  4. In article <JhbHg.567$B14.223@dukeread03>, trs80 <> wrote:
    [Linksys BEFSX41]

    >I found a QOS in this router that does allow among other things to limit
    >usage by port connection down to 256kbps and also give priority to specif
    >MAC or IP. I tried my MAC as highest priority. Well see if that helps
    >punch through my kids downloading domination.

    Which tab is that on? I can't find it on my BEFSX41 ?
    Walter Roberson, Aug 24, 2006
  5. trs80

    trs80 Guest

    under games or gaming or something like that and then just the QOS tab

    trs80, Aug 25, 2006