Limiting Access on Cisco 678

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Simon Telrenner, Nov 11, 2003.

  1. Hey all you smart people.....

    I know there are other ways to do this, but I have very little capitol to
    get any new equipment....

    I have a cisco 678 running our DSL, and is just plugged into the switch. I
    would like to be able to shut someone's access off at times, but the hub for
    their room sits on their desk, and there is another person in there. So, I
    can't just unplug the cable. Also, they are intelligent enough (just
    enough, but that's another story) that they could figure out the cable was
    unplugged.

    So what I was thinking was something along the lines of IP deny all.

    Will that work on a 678, and what should the syntax be?

    Thanks for any help.

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me