Limited web access with Pre-RC1 Vista, Build 5536

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Vlade_Sabien@yahoo.com, Aug 31, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Upon installation, I can no longer access the web through anything but
    Netscape of all things. I suspect a Norton firewall which I can NOT
    access to turn off or uninstall. Someone out there please help. Norton
    antivirus may as well be a virus itself.
     
    , Aug 31, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Yes, Norton can be a problem. I personally hate it. But this newsgroup is
    for x64 issues, and I know you can't possibly be running x64 Vista, since we
    didn't get an x64 build of it. I suggest you repost your question over on
    the Vista General newsgroup.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64


    wrote:
    > Upon installation, I can no longer access the web through anything but
    > Netscape of all things. I suspect a Norton firewall which I can NOT
    > access to turn off or uninstall. Someone out there please help. Norton
    > antivirus may as well be a virus itself.
     
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 31, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. jabloomf1230 Guest

    There was a Vista x64 beta2. I had it in double boot for a month, but I
    got tired of it locking up when I accessed my RAID0 array. Prolly
    nVidia's fault for their Vista x64 RAID driver set. ;)

    Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    > Yes, Norton can be a problem. I personally hate it. But this newsgroup is
    > for x64 issues, and I know you can't possibly be running x64 Vista, since we
    > didn't get an x64 build of it. I suggest you repost your question over on
    > the Vista General newsgroup.
    >
     
    jabloomf1230, Aug 31, 2006
    #3
  4. I'm aware of the beta2 build. and lots of others. But the build specified in
    the OPs subject was strictly 32-bit. No 64bit build 5536 was released.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64


    jabloomf1230 wrote:
    > There was a Vista x64 beta2. I had it in double boot for a month, but I
    > got tired of it locking up when I accessed my RAID0 array. Prolly
    > nVidia's fault for their Vista x64 RAID driver set. ;)
    >
    > Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    >> Yes, Norton can be a problem. I personally hate it. But this newsgroup is
    >> for x64 issues, and I know you can't possibly be running x64 Vista,
    >> since we didn't get an x64 build of it. I suggest you repost your
    >> question over on the Vista General newsgroup.
     
    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 31, 2006
    #4
  5. But the OP is not using Beta 2. He is using the RC1 preview. There is no
    x64 RC1 preview.

    "jabloomf1230" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > There was a Vista x64 beta2. I had it in double boot for a month, but I
    > got tired of it locking up when I accessed my RAID0 array. Prolly nVidia's
    > fault for their Vista x64 RAID driver set. ;)
    >
    > Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    >> Yes, Norton can be a problem. I personally hate it. But this newsgroup is
    >> for x64 issues, and I know you can't possibly be running x64 Vista, since
    >> we didn't get an x64 build of it. I suggest you repost your question over
    >> on the Vista General newsgroup.
    >>
     
    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 1, 2006
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Will Dockery

    Re: OT: Graphic poetry begins (pre-hotspot, pre-poetry)

    Will Dockery, May 31, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    391
    Will Dockery
    Jun 1, 2005
  2. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    425
    Evan Platt
    Aug 31, 2006
  3. jabloomf1230

    No pre-RC1 64 bit version of Vista

    jabloomf1230, Aug 29, 2006, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    532
    Colin Barnhorst
    Sep 1, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Microsoft Delivers Windows Vista RC1 build 5600

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 2, 2006, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    442
    Charlie Russel - MVP
    Sep 2, 2006
  5. Larry Hodges

    Non-Vista print drivers in Vista 64 RC1?

    Larry Hodges, Oct 24, 2006, in forum: Windows 64bit
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    789
    Aaron Kelley
    Oct 30, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page