    an invalid ip address which seems unusual as the router is working fine. So
    I need help. I am running Windows XP Home SP 2, I have a dell latitude d610.
    Thanks!
    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyazIwMDY=?=, Jul 11, 2007

  2. IF Zone Alarm is not uninstalled properly, you may receive this message. Try to re-install ZA and then remove it.

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Mark2006" <> wrote in message news:...
    I have never had a problem with my wireless connection until today. Bottom
    line is that I tried to upgrade zonealarm which failed miserably due to a
    zpy.dll problem that zonelarm knows about. Anyway, I followed the steps they
    suggested to prepare my computer to reinstall. Specifically, I removed the
    zone labs folder from system32 folder. Emptied my temporary folder. Purged
    my recycle bin and restarted. Upon restart my wireless connection said
    limited or no connectivity to the internet. I tried everything including
    system restore but my computer would not restore to an earlier time. I tried
    rebooting the router (I have verizon fios and they use a router), I checked
    other computers that are wireless in the house and they worked fine, I
    downloaded a new driver for my wireless card. Nothing helps. It looks like
    I am connected but without access to the internet. It also says that I have
    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Jul 11, 2007