    wireless laptop. (I have a wireless router on this master PC)

    Can anyone please suggest what could be causing this and how to fix it?
    Thanks in anticipation

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueSBT?=, Sep 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueSBT?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    It is not clear how your system is connected, "I have a wireless router on
    this master PC"???

    Usually peer to peer Wireless Network with broadband connection looks like
    this: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

    If you are connected like as above, may be this can help.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Sep 24, 2005

  3. Hi Jack
    Thanks for your help. I'm afraid I didn't make myself very clear. I have a
    master PC connected via broadband to the Internet. I also have a wireless
    router attached.

    In my other PC (slave) I have a wireless network card. I managed
    sucessfully to get the two machines connected after a call to Belkin help
    line.

    I then switched off the "slave" PC and when I switched it back on I got the
    message about limited or no connectivity.

    Recently I purchased a laptop also with Wi Fi built in. I newtorked this to
    the wireless router also successfully but the same thing happened when that
    was switched off and back on!

    Whats going on please and how can I enable file and printer sharing betweeen
    the 2 machines?

    Thanks fopr your patience - I'm new to wirless networking

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueSBT?=, Sep 24, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?VG9ueSBT?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    If your first computer is connected directly to the Modem and the Router is
    connected to a second NIC on the main computer. You need to use software
    Routing (ICS) between the Modem the first computer and the Router.
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Sep 25, 2005