Limited Or No Connectivity Problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Chuck Hildebrandt, Dec 19, 2005.

  1. I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 B-band wireless router, a Cyberpower desktop, and
    three wireless laptops. I run Windows XP on all.

    I had been experiencing connectivity problems between my router, the
    Internet and my machines. The message "Limited Or No Connectivity" had been
    coming up after the router was running for a couple of days, on all my
    machines. When I rebooted the router, the problem went away, but always
    returned again after a couple days.

    After a couple weeks of this, I have isolated my problem to my router's
    relationship to my desktop. I say this because the problem happens only
    when my desktop is on, and the desktop is where the router software is
    installed. When I leave my desktop off, my laptops can connect to the
    router with no problem, for days on end. When I turn on the desktop too, it
    will work fine at first, but eventually, all of them will run into the
    "Limited Or No Connectivity" message.

    I have updated the firmware on the router but it has not helped my issue.

    Does anyone recognize this problem? Should I just reinstall the software
    over what I have now? Should I uninstall and reinstall? Or should I
    consider a new router (this one is only 14 months old)?

    Thanks.

    Chuck

    Chuck Hildebrandt, Dec 19, 2005