    when i attempt to repair the connection, it seems to get stuck at the
    "renewing your ip address" stage.

    Any suggestions why this is and how i could fix it?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGViel93Njk=?=, Feb 17, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZGViel93Njk=?=

    Guest

    On 17-Feb-2006, "=?Utf-8?B?ZGViel93Njk=?=" <> wrote:

    > when i attempt to repair the connection, it seems to get stuck at the
    > "renewing your ip address" stage.
    >
    > Any suggestions why this is and how i could fix it?

    Trying to connect to the wrong wireless network.
    Weak signal, interference?
    Try static IP addresses.

    , Feb 17, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?ZGViel93Njk=?=

    smackedass Guest

    It could be one of many different things. Did you reset/reboot the router?
    The computer? Can you ping the the router?

    Another thing that might help is LSP Fix. http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

    There are instances where the IP stack needs to be rebuilt. Read up on
    that, and you might want to try it. Caution: if you do run it, if you're
    not ABSOLUTELY CONFIDENT that you know what you're doing, do NOT choose the
    option "I Know What I'm Doing".

    best wishes,

    smackedass

    smackedass, Feb 18, 2006
  4. It is the correct network and the signal is at full strength.

    I tried to ping the ip address of the laptop and it said it could not b
    found. what does this mean and how can i fix it?

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGViel93Njk=?=, Feb 18, 2006
  5. Here are solutions to a similar problem. Namely, I used to get the "limited
    or no connectivity" message every time after the PC recovered from Standby.
    Then, I had to manually Disable and Enable the connection to make it work,
    until I did this:

    Start - Control Panel - Network Connections - Right Click the problematic
    connection - Properties - Configure - Power Management - Uncheck "Allow the
    computer to turn off this device to save power".

    But, if the above doesn't help you, then try this
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...7D2-5034-4BBB-B74D-AD8430A1F7C8&displaylang=e
    (http://www.inreach.com/products_solutions/wireless_dsl_flydsl_information.php#5)

    Or, continue searching a solution for example in
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/maintain/troubleshoot.mspx#3

    Regards

    =?Utf-8?B?VGlpdHU=?=, Sep 21, 2006