    computer

    Please Help

    My router is a Linksys WRK54G if this is any help.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3B1ZGJ1bQ==?=, Aug 4, 2006

  2. I use windows to connect to a wireless network and so i try to connect to
    mine.
    I enter my wep key as it tells me to do so and then it trys to connect.
    After a short time, it says Limited or no connectivity above the icon in the
    systray.

    I have nortons 2006 and i have had a look to see if it is blocking my
    wireless router but still it displays that message.

    The internet works on the wired computer but has no interest in my wireless
    computer

    Please Help

    My router is a Linksys WAG54GS if this is any help.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3B1ZGJ1bQ==?=, Aug 4, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U3B1ZGJ1bQ==?=

    Marian Gutu Guest

    This is most likely a missconfigured firewall or a DHCP problem . Try to
    allocate manually the IP/GW/DNS for the wireless network and tell us if that
    fix the problem...

    --
    Marian Gutu

    MCP, MCSAs, MCSEs
    Be nice, society already sucks!

    Marian Gutu, Aug 4, 2006
  4. this hasn't fixed the problem - i have entered all the default gateway and
    the dns server addresses and this hasn't worked a bit - sorry

    =?Utf-8?B?U3B1ZGJ1bQ==?=, Aug 4, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U3B1ZGJ1bQ==?=

    Anton Pegan Guest

    Hi,

    Are you using the third-party wireless software or Microsoft's? If you are
    using third-party software, try removing it from your system. There are some
    know conflicts between this kind of applications.

    As Marian said, it is most likely a firewall or DHCP problem, so I would
    suggest that you temporarily remove Norton and any other network security
    tool or application. Try running the computer in safe mode with networking
    (the wireless connection may not function in safe mode with networking, but
    try it anyway . KB305616).

    You can also try resetting winsock, for more details take a look at the
    following article:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259/

    Take a look at the articles bellow, which describe common troubleshooting
    steps for wireless connections:

    How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP Service Pack
    2

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870702

    How to troubleshoot wireless network connections in Windows XP

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313242/

    Regards,

    Anton Pegan

    Anton Pegan, Aug 4, 2006
  6. hi,

    i have a ibm thinkpad with windows and "thinkvantage connections"

    when i try to repair the connection it fails to repair the ip address.

    i am disabling nortons and running the connection wizard - but i am still
    having major problems

    i might have already said that my wireless router is a - WAG54GS

    help would very much appriciated!!

    =?Utf-8?B?U3B1ZGJ1bQ==?=, Aug 13, 2006