Limited or No Connectivity Error Message on Existing Laptop

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Helpme, Apr 5, 2009.

  1. Helpme

    Helpme Guest

    Hi, I have a Acer laptop connected to my home connection via a Linksys
    router. It has always connected to the internet just fine, however in the
    last fw months it seems to have started dropping the connection and coming up
    with the limited or no connectivity error message. Normally I've just
    clicked repair and it's worked, albeit after several tries sometimes. Just
    recently, in the last week or so it's decided not to connect at all, even
    despite spending hours clicking "repair". In the last week it's connected
    maybe 3-4 times and that's it and I've not been able to connect at all in the
    last 3 days. The message that comes up when I click repair is "Windows could
    not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be
    completed: Renewing your IP address"

    This is getting very stressful for me as I run a small home business from
    this computer!

    Our desktop is running fine and we also have another laptop which is working
    fine too so am sure it's a problem with my laptop only.

    PLEASE HELP! I have no idea about this kind of thing and we don't have the
    finances to get someone in to fix it!

    Helpme, Apr 5, 2009

  2. Helpme

    Pavel A. Guest

    Helpme wrote:
    > Hi, I have a Acer laptop connected to my home connection via a Linksys
    > router. It has always connected to the internet just fine, however in the
    > last fw months it seems to have started dropping the connection and coming up
    > with the limited or no connectivity error message. Normally I've just
    > clicked repair and it's worked, albeit after several tries sometimes. Just
    > recently, in the last week or so it's decided not to connect at all, even
    > despite spending hours clicking "repair". In the last week it's connected
    > maybe 3-4 times and that's it and I've not been able to connect at all in the
    > last 3 days. The message that comes up when I click repair is "Windows could
    > not finish repairing the problem because the following action cannot be
    > completed: Renewing your IP address"
    >
    > This is getting very stressful for me as I run a small home business from
    > this computer!
    >
    > Our desktop is running fine and we also have another laptop which is working
    > fine too so am sure it's a problem with my laptop only.
    >
    > PLEASE HELP! I have no idea about this kind of thing and we don't have the
    > finances to get someone in to fix it!

    This is exactly why I recommend phone- or powerline network.
    Install it once, forget the wi-fi hell *forever*.
    On the down side, powerline adapters are too expensive (about $100 for a
    couple) - much more than typical home users are ready to pay for the
    peace of mind.

    -- pa

    Pavel A., Apr 5, 2009