Limited or No Connection Message

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by MedRxman, Dec 13, 2009.

  1. MedRxman

    MedRxman Guest

    Yesterday when I turned on my laptop I got the message indicating
    "Limited or No Connection" in the sys tray area (had a yellow triangle.

    When I tried to repair the connection choice, the laptop was unable to
    reresh the
    IP address.
    I googled the situation and tried many suggestions but to no avail.

    Among the things I tried were:
    1. Reset both cable modem(motorola) and wireless(Linksys)
    2. Right clicked on my comouter, choose "Manage" then "Services" and
    restarted DHCP service.

    When I did a system restore to the day before , my wireless connection again
    began working.

    If this scenarion were to happen again what steps would you suggest?

    TIA,

    BL

    MedRxman, Dec 13, 2009

  2. Hi
    This is usually happen when the Wireless can not connect to the Router and
    obtain IP.
    First step would be to disable the Wireless Encryption and try to connect
    without it.
    In general, http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Dec 13, 2009

  3. MedRxman

    MedRxman Guest

    Wii try next time(hopefully not). Thank you

    MedRxman, Dec 14, 2009