    for future refereance.

    If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.

    I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.

    =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=, Nov 29, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=

    Jim C Guest

    I'm having the same problem. I've tried all the fixes, but no long-term
    joy. IMHO there is a problem with the Linksys drivers & SP2. I haven't
    received any help from Linksys beyond 'there may be a problem with SP2, but
    no fix is available & there may never be a fix." I am able to get it to
    work for a little while by uninstalling the driver, then reinstalling.

    Jim C, Nov 29, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    how about a diff channel?

    it maybe that interference is playing a part with the more complex signal
    using wep than not?

    mike

    mike
    "PK" <> wrote in message
    > I am getting a Limited or No connection when I enable WEP on my router and
    > wireless card. The wireless card (WPC54G) sees the router, but do not get

    an
    > ip address from the router (WRT54G). I know 100% its not the key, as I

    cut
    > and pasted this information into a document and stored locally on the

    laptop
    > for future refereance.
    >
    > If WEP is disabled, I get an IP address with no issue.
    >
    > I have also tried all the Linksys knowledge base articales, but none work.

    ---

    mikeFNB, Nov 29, 2004
  4. I have even tried this soluation as well.

    Appears to be something either with SP2 or Linksys as my wireless print
    server from HP is working correctly. My gut feeling its something with SP2
    as this was working before the upgrade to SP2

    =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=, Nov 29, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=

    peter Guest

    I have the same problem with a Netgear 511T unit.It worked perfectly before I
    updated my Laptop to SP2.Now it works only part time (50%).
    When I reinstall the drivers for the laptop card it will work fine for a day or
    two and then act up again.
    AS far as I am concerned it is definitely SP2!!!
    I was thinking about turning off the "wireless zero configuration services"
    because that is the only(?) part of SP2 that might be interfering with Netgear
    configuration utility.Does Linksys have its own config utility or does it use
    the build in SP2 one??
    peter

    peter, Nov 29, 2004
  6. All,

    I have disabled the wireless zero configuration and have installed the WLAN
    monitor that came with the WPC54G card and I can now conncect to the my
    wireless network with WEP enabled. This proves that there is a bug with SP2
    and there wireless configuration (unless there is something else that is not
    setup correctly)

    =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=, Nov 29, 2004
  7. Any fixes available ???

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JpdHRv?=, Nov 29, 2004
  8. Also face the same problem. Sorry for asking but, how do I disable zero
    configuration?

    =?Utf-8?B?anVhbg==?=, Nov 29, 2004
  9. Start -> run -> type in msconfig and enter.
    The msconfig screen appears.

    Select Services tab and scroll to the bottom. Uncheck the Wireless zero
    configration and hit the apply and then ok. You will need to recycle you
    machine after this.

    =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=, Nov 29, 2004
  10. =?Utf-8?B?UEs=?=

    peter Guest

    I was gonna get to it tonite and test it..........but you beat me to it.:)
    peter

    peter, Nov 30, 2004
  11. Dear All,

    We will have an option in the local area connection properties at the bottom
    which say "notify me if the connection has limited or no connectivity"
    uncheck it and u will be able to fix the problem.

    Also, there is a possibility that firewall conflict between the windows
    firewall in sp2 and the third party firewall. What you need to do is to
    uninstall and reinstall the firewall.

    Let me know if this has solved your issue.

    =?Utf-8?B?UmF2aShDb25zdWx0KQ==?=, Nov 30, 2004