Limited or no conectivity

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by carts69, Dec 13, 2009.

1. carts69

carts69

In the process of setting up a wireless network & getting the limited or no connectivity message on the intended wireless pc, connecting through a USB wireless adaptor,signal bars are green & saying status good, signal strength excellent! but cant connect to the internet. details are: Windows XP service pack 3, connecting through a BT Voyager 2110 Router. Can anyone advise in easy to understand terms what i need to do to get over this problem? Thanks in advance.

carts69, Dec 13, 2009
    1. Advertising

2. carts69

carts69

Update

I have now progressed, everything appears to be correct, everything is connected but when i try to access internet explorer it states internet explorer cannot display the webpage, why is this happening when everything seems connected? can anyone advise please?

carts69, Dec 13, 2009
    1. Advertising

3. carts69

Dipankar

I think you are connected to the Router using the wireless adapter installed on your PC so that you access internet in wireless mode. Am i correct? If so then let me know what adapter you are using to connect to the Router in wireless mode. It could be a blue tooth adapter or an WiFi adapter. Signal strength OK means the wifi is getting good signals but you may have to use the passkeys and pair your wifi adapter device with the router. Internet line is entering your Router so the Router is getting the Internet data. Check if that line is not facing any problem and your ISP is giving the service well. Once these two issues are solved, you can easily open the webpage and browse the Internet.

Dipankar, Dec 26, 2009
    1. Advertising