    I used to be with Paradise and recently moved to Xtra jetstream. Now Xtra
    doesn't have some of the newsgroups available that paradise did. How can I
    visit these sites, now.
    Fishb8, Jul 5, 2004

  2. Fishb8 wrote:
    > I used to be with Paradise and recently moved to Xtra jetstream. Now Xtra
    > doesn't have some of the newsgroups available that paradise did. How can I
    > visit these sites, now.

    email newsadmin@xtra*unmungeme*.co.nz with the groups you want.
    or make a post to xtra.general

    of course correct the email address above.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 5, 2004

  3. Fishb8

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Fishb8 wrote:
    > I used to be with Paradise and recently moved to Xtra jetstream. Now
    > Xtra doesn't have some of the newsgroups available that paradise did.
    > How can I visit these sites, now.

    Email Xtra and ask them to start carrying the groups you require. It's
    always worked in the past for me, they've started carrying four groups I've
    requested over the years (although I don't think you'll have much luck with
    binary groups).
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jul 5, 2004
  4. On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Fishb8 wrote in
    <<lciGc.7451$>>

    >I used to be with Paradise and recently moved to Xtra jetstream. Now Xtra
    >doesn't have some of the newsgroups available that paradise did. How can I
    >visit these sites, now.

    I don't use OE so I can't say what its capabilities are but a good
    newsreader doesn't limit one to collecting news from just one news
    server. In addition to Xtra I use news.individual.net and you can sign
    up, for free, at http://news.individual.net
    You didn't say which newsgroups you want so I can't tell you if they are
    on that server.

    One advantage of news.individual.net is that it accepts the NEWNEWS
    command (most servers I've used don't) which means that one can specify
    collecting posts from a specific date.

    --
    Richard Mason
    Richard Mason, Jul 6, 2004
  5. Fishb8

    Fishb8 Guest

    Thanks Guys - it is binary and (cough, cough, warez groups) that I viewed on
    Paradise. I'll give that new,individual site a go.
    Thanks
    Roy

    Fishb8, Jul 6, 2004