    the IP address. Once I do that it works perfectly so it seems the settings
    must be correct but it will not connect automatically when booting up. Any
    suggestions would be apprecieated

    =?Utf-8?B?bm9jdmFk?=, Jun 23, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bm9jdmFk?=

    Clark Guest

    In whatever configuration utility you are using for the device, do you have
    a profile set up for your network? If you do, is there a setting for
    connect automatically? Go over all the settings and see if one might help.

    You should be able to use that same utility to connect to the network
    without having to unplug the device. Give it some time to see if it will
    connect by itself, it isn't always fast.

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 23, 2005

  3. I have tried both utilities and get the same results. The encryption
    settings must be correct because once I unplug the usb card it always
    connects. I have connect automatically selected.

    Even if I choose repair it says it is unable to disable the adapter and that
    is why i have to unplug it.

    =?Utf-8?B?bm9jdmFk?=, Jun 24, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?bm9jdmFk?=

    Clark Guest

    Have you tried opening a command window (Start-run-cmd) and use the ipconfig
    /release or /renew command? If you have, what message did you get? The
    only time it hasn't worked for me was when I was using a static IP.

    When you boot up and prior to disconnecting the device, does it show an IP
    address at all, or just 0.0.0.0?

    Maybe you need to update the firmware. Have you used the USB wireless in a
    TiVo lately?

    Clark

    Clark, Jun 24, 2005