    Does anyone know of any limitations using 8GB memory on Vista 64?

    I found out today that I can not use my WinTV PVR 500 tuner card because
    Media Centre is limited to less than 4GB of memory

    Clayton, Aug 8, 2008

  2. Clayton

    Tom Lake Guest

    "Clayton" <> wrote in message
    news:ewYM7BX#...
    > Does anyone know of any limitations using 8GB memory on Vista 64?
    >
    > I found out today that I can not use my WinTV PVR 500 tuner card because
    > Media Centre is limited to less than 4GB of memory

    It's not a limitation of Media Center, it's a limitation of the PVR 500.
    The Hauppauge HVR 1600 and other PCIe models work fine with
    8 GB RAM.

    Tom Lake

    Tom Lake, Aug 9, 2008

  3. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    I was looking at getting the HVR 1600, would you know if it supports PAL?

    Clayton, Aug 9, 2008
  4. If you go to http://www.hauppauge.com/ you can look at the
    products they offer and see if they have PAL support.

    Bobby Johnson, Aug 9, 2008