    Any one know of such a program?
    Thanks
    John
    John, Apr 15, 2008

  2. John

    John Holmes Guest

    John "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I have a home network set up using a 2Wire wireless router. I cannot
    > find any setting that would allow me to limit the amount of time one
    > of my lap tops can connect to the internet while not affecting the
    > others. There is only an option to disable all. I cant find a program
    > that I can install on my "main" computer that will do this either,
    > only parental control programs that have to be installed on the
    > individual computer which is not what Im looking for.
    >
    > Any one know of such a program?

    Windows 2000 Server or above.

    > Thanks
    > John

    Anytime.

    --
    Your mother was a dismal window cleaner who wanted you to learn about
    life under canvas.
    John Holmes, Apr 15, 2008

  3. John

    John Guest

    On Apr 15, 4:32 pm, John Holmes <> wrote:
    > John "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    > > I have a home network set up using a 2Wire wireless router. I cannot
    > > find any setting that would allow me to limit the amount of time one
    > > of my lap tops can connect to the internet while not affecting the
    > > others. There is only an option to disable all. I cant find a program
    > > that I can install on my "main" computer that will do this either,
    > > only parental control programs that have to be installed on the
    > > individual computer which is not what Im looking for.

    > > Any one know of such a program?

    > Windows 2000 Server or above.
    >
    > > Thanks
    > > John

    > Anytime.
    >
    > --
    > Your mother was a dismal window cleaner who wanted you to learn about
    > life under canvas.

    Heres what Im trying to do, I have three wireless laptops and for what
    ever reason I want to be able to disconnect one from my network with
    out having to actually turn the computer off. I just want to be able
    to disconnect one wireless computer from the network from one of the
    other computers. The only option I currently have is to disable them
    all. Its just something I want to be able to do. One reason is that I
    have to currently leave my Xbox connected and on all the time, when I
    turn it off for some reason It looses all its settings and I have to
    configure it all over again., Its just easier to leave it constantly
    on. All computers are using XP.
    Thanks
    John
    John, Apr 15, 2008
  4. John

    Sqwertz Guest

    John <> wrote:

    > I have a home network set up using a 2Wire wireless router. I cannot
    > find any setting that would allow me to limit the amount of time one
    > of my lap tops can connect to the internet while not affecting the
    > others. There is only an option to disable all. I cant find a program
    > that I can install on my "main" computer that will do this either,
    > only parental control programs that have to be installed on the
    > individual computer which is not what Im looking for.

    Some routers (Linksys, Dlink) have a option to limit certain MAC or
    IP addresses to certain times of day as part of an Access Policy
    configuration.

    Whether you have that option with your unknown 2Wire model, I don't
    know. But just be aware that there are other low-cost routers that
    do this. The low-end WRT54G's are $40-$50 and have this feature.

    -sw
    Sqwertz, Apr 16, 2008
  5. John

    MoiMoi Guest

    In article <>, ost
    says...

    > Whether you have that option with your unknown 2Wire model, I don't
    > know. But just be aware that there are other low-cost routers that
    > do this. The low-end WRT54G's are $40-$50 and have this feature.

    Yeah, I've got a Linksys 54gs, easy to block out any box for any time
    span.
    Can do by IP address or MAC address. Mac better, since IP numbers can
    change around for boxes you unhook/rehook.
    I assumed that all routers had that ability now as standard.
    Guess not.

    MM
    MoiMoi, Apr 17, 2008