Limit FTP using Custom Queueing

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by dnocito, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. dnocito

    dnocito Guest

    I need to setup custom queueing on our router. We have customer FTPing
    file to our website and saturating most of our T1 bandwidth. I would
    like FTP go to its own queue, www to go to another queue, and the rest
    go to a default queue.

    I am setting this custom queue on the external interface on our router
    (T1).

    My first attempt was the following just to see if I can get the
    packets in the right queue:

    access-list 100 permit tcp any eq ftp any
    access-list 100 permit tcp any eq ftp-data any
    access-list 100 permit tcp any any eq ftp
    access-list 100 permit tcp any any eq ftp-data

    access-list 101 permit tcp any eq www any
    access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq www

    queue-list 1 protocol ip 0 list 100
    queue-list 1 protocol ip 1 list 101
    queue-list 1 protocol ip 2

    queue-list 1 default 2

    queue-list 1 queue 0 byte-count 1500 limit 20
    queue-list 1 queue 1 byte-count 1500 limit 20
    queue-list 1 queue 2 byte-count 1500 limit 20

    When I do an FTP and HTTP file download at the same time. HTTP file
    download does not trasfer and times out. But doing an HTTP transfer
    by itself works fine.

    If i set the max queue limit to 1 like the following, it seems to
    split the bandwidth 50/50:

    queue-list 1 queue 0 byte-count 1500 limit 1
    queue-list 1 queue 1 byte-count 1500 limit 1
    queue-list 1 queue 2 byte-count 1500 limit 20

    Can someone explain to me what the limit means and how it works.

    Thanks in advance.
    dnocito, Nov 3, 2003