limit bandwith

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by guimev, Apr 7, 2008.

  1. guimev

    guimev

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,
    I have to configure a cisco 2960. In fact there are web-servers behind this 2960 and i want to limit the bandwith to each server during the day.
    I know that i can put apply a time range to an ACL, but i want first to try to limit the bandwith ...

    So first of all i create an acl to specify what ip should be capped :
    # ip access-list extended traf_limit
    permit host 10.0.0.25 any (10.0.0.25 is my first web server)

    Then i create a class map :
    # class-map match-any limit
    # match access-group name traf_limit

    Then the policy map :
    #policy-map in_fa8
    class limit
    police 8000 8000 ( I try to limit to 8 kBits/s)

    and finaly i apply the policy map to the int
    #int fa 0/8
    # service-policy input in_fa8

    But nothing ....
    No bandwith limit....