    So if it's possible, I will apreciate a little example :)

    Thx
    Bob
    infocde, Apr 4, 2004

  2. Phillip Remaker, Apr 4, 2004

  3. infocde

    James Guest

    Phillip Remaker wrote:
    > "infocde" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>is it possible to limit the bandwidth on a specific port or a specific
    >>protocol ?

    > You want the "rate-limit" command.
    >
    > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ommand_reference_chapter09186a0080087f26.html
    >
    > Google: "cisco rate-limit site:cisco.com"

    What is you have 3 different types
    (ports) for data traffic:

    502
    modbusTCP (highest)

    750
    application (moderate)

    2000
    H.264 video (low priority)

    all from one location cisco
    (1721 router, 12.3 IOS)

    Or would you go to a QOS/Queue scheme?

    Then what would you use to look at the
    different types(ports) of data traffic?

    jffnms, nload, ntop ,mrtg ,NRG,
    flowscan,munim, flow-tools, ibmonitor,
    iptraf, ipband, nagios, or orca?

    These packages seem to be the best by
    simple web searching, but what is the
    best from the viewpoint of experienced
    network admins? Is their a combo of
    tools in one package for unix/linux?

    James
    James, Apr 6, 2004
  4. infocde

    James Guest

    infocde wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > is it possible to limit the bandwidth on a specific port or a specific
    > protocol ?
    > I'm using a Cisco 826 ! But I'm sure that it depends on the IOS.
    > So if it's possible, I will apreciate a little example :)
    >
    > Thx
    > Bob

    Some time ago, I set up inbound ppp on
    the aux serial port to a 1721. It was
    a bitch, and I had to get a firmware
    upgrade to the 1721, just to support ppp
    inbound to the cisco 1721. After, that
    hassle, I then had to try various v.90
    and v.92 modems to get things happy. I
    forget the name, but cisco routers do