    To download Limewire it gives 2 options of Limewire Pro $18.88 or Limewire
    Basic. For a free download, should I click Basic. Some are saying Pro is
    free, but the web site says $18.88.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005

  2. Pat

    TJ Guest

    Pat <> wrote:

    > To download Limewire it gives 2 options of Limewire Pro $18.88 or
    > Limewire Basic. For a free download, should I click Basic. Some are
    > saying Pro is free, but the web site says $18.88.

    Define: "Some"

    And please don't say, 'Sly'.

    Because 'Sly' is about as sly as the toast I ate for breakfast this morning.

    --
    "The ****-Up fairy doesn't just randomly visit people."
    {Wheat Muncher tells it like it is in 24hoursupport.helpdesk.}

    TJ, Jul 1, 2005

  3. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > Pat <> wrote:
    >
    >> To download Limewire it gives 2 options of Limewire Pro $18.88 or
    >> Limewire Basic. For a free download, should I click Basic. Some are
    >> saying Pro is free, but the web site says $18.88.

    > Define: "Some"
    >
    > And please don't say, 'Sly'.

    No it wasn't Sly. I have deleted the post now, but it is in one of the
    conversations of free music downloads I think.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  4. Pat

    TJ Guest

    Pat <> wrote:

    > "TJ" <> wrote in message

    >> Pat <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> To download Limewire it gives 2 options of Limewire Pro $18.88 or
    >>> Limewire Basic. For a free download, should I click Basic. Some are
    >>> saying Pro is free, but the web site says $18.88.

    >> Define: "Some"
    >>
    >> And please don't say, 'Sly'.

    > No it wasn't Sly. I have deleted the post now, but it is in one of the
    > conversations of free music downloads I think.

    From reading your earlier posts today? I'd say you want Limewire "Basic".
    It's free, but it's functional enough.

    Beware of two things though.

    1- Every time you launch basic it's going to nag you to upgrade to pro ....
    And it moves the "Later", "Why?" and "Yes" buttons around. :)

    2- "Closing" the "basic" program by the default method(s) doesn't really
    close it unless you adjust the settings. All "closing" does is minimize it
    to your tray. It's still running until you kill it form there.

    TJ, Jul 1, 2005
  5. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > Pat <> wrote:
    >
    >> "TJ" <> wrote in message

    >>> Define: "Some"
    >>>
    >>> And please don't say, 'Sly'.

    >> No it wasn't Sly. I have deleted the post now, but it is in one of the
    >> conversations of free music downloads I think.

    > From reading your earlier posts today? I'd say you want Limewire "Basic".
    > It's free, but it's functional enough.
    >
    > Beware of two things though.
    >
    > 1- Every time you launch basic it's going to nag you to upgrade to pro
    > .... And it moves the "Later", "Why?" and "Yes" buttons around. :)
    >
    > 2- "Closing" the "basic" program by the default method(s) doesn't really
    > close it unless you adjust the settings. All "closing" does is minimize
    > it to your tray. It's still running until you kill it form there.

    Thanks for the info. I have done a system restore after messing up the first
    download I did earlier today, so I am now going to start again. I did notice
    the nagging update button, so I am aware of that. But can you tell me what
    settings to adjust to close the program when I am not useing it, as I don't
    really want it running all the time. Also, what is the program like for
    downloading dvd's. I used to use WinMX but every dvd I ever tried to
    download was never what I wanted. They always came out as blue movies.
    Thanks for any help.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  6. Pat

    TJ Guest

    Pat <> wrote:

    > "TJ" <> wrote in message
    >> Pat <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "TJ" <> wrote in message

    >>> No it wasn't Sly. I have deleted the post now, but it is in one of
    >>> the conversations of free music downloads I think.

    >> From reading your earlier posts today? I'd say you want Limewire
    >> "Basic". It's free, but it's functional enough.
    >>
    >> Beware of two things though.
    >>
    >> 1- Every time you launch basic it's going to nag you to upgrade to
    >> pro .... And it moves the "Later", "Why?" and "Yes" buttons around.
    >> :) 2- "Closing" the "basic" program by the default method(s) doesn't
    >> really close it unless you adjust the settings. All "closing" does
    >> is minimize it to your tray. It's still running until you kill it
    >> form there.

    > Thanks for the info. I have done a system restore after messing up
    > the first download I did earlier today, so I am now going to start
    > again. I did notice the nagging update button, so I am aware of that.

    All you have to do is click "Later" every time you boot the program. Like I
    said though ... Don't get in the habit of thinking it's always gonna be the
    middle, or left, or right button though, because it moves around. An effect
    I think is kinda neat, but that's neither here nor there. :)

    > But can you tell me what settings to adjust to close the program when
    > I am not useing it, as I don't really want it running all the time.

    Tools > Options > Shutdown > [click the button that says "Shutdown
    Immediately"]

    > Also, what is the program like for downloading dvd's. I used to use
    > WinMX but every dvd I ever tried to download was never what I wanted.
    > They always came out as blue movies.

    Depends what you mean by "blue movies". In my neck of the woods a "blue
    movie" is porn. :) However? If by "blue movie" you mean you can't view
    the video and/or can't hear the sound? That's more than likely a codec
    issue, and a topic for another thread.

    Thanks for any help.

    Welcome, I'm sure.

    TJ, Jul 1, 2005
  7. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "TJ" <> wrote in message
    > Pat <> wrote:
    >
    >> "TJ" <> wrote in message

    >>> From reading your earlier posts today? I'd say you want Limewire
    >>> "Basic". It's free, but it's functional enough.
    >>>
    >>> Beware of two things though.
    >>>
    >>> 1- Every time you launch basic it's going to nag you to upgrade to
    >>> pro .... And it moves the "Later", "Why?" and "Yes" buttons around.
    >>> :) 2- "Closing" the "basic" program by the default method(s) doesn't
    >>> really close it unless you adjust the settings. All "closing" does
    >>> is minimize it to your tray. It's still running until you kill it
    >>> form there.

    >> Thanks for the info. I have done a system restore after messing up
    >> the first download I did earlier today, so I am now going to start
    >> again. I did notice the nagging update button, so I am aware of that.

    > All you have to do is click "Later" every time you boot the program. Like
    > I said though ... Don't get in the habit of thinking it's always gonna be
    > the middle, or left, or right button though, because it moves around. An
    > effect I think is kinda neat, but that's neither here nor there. :)
    >
    >> But can you tell me what settings to adjust to close the program when
    >> I am not useing it, as I don't really want it running all the time.

    > Tools > Options > Shutdown > [click the button that says "Shutdown
    > Immediately"]
    >
    >> Also, what is the program like for downloading dvd's. I used to use
    >> WinMX but every dvd I ever tried to download was never what I wanted.
    >> They always came out as blue movies.

    > Depends what you mean by "blue movies". In my neck of the woods a "blue
    > movie" is porn. :) However? If by "blue movie" you mean you can't view
    > the video and/or can't hear the sound? That's more than likely a codec
    > issue, and a topic for another thread.

    Yes, I mean porn. Would I be more likely to get the download I ask for on
    Limewire. For instance, on WinMX, if I tried to download 'Bridget Jones
    Diary' when I played it back, instead of getting B J D it would be a porn
    film.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  8. Pat

    TJ Guest

    Pat <> wrote:

    > "TJ" <> wrote in message
    >> Pat <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "TJ" <> wrote in message

    >>> Thanks for the info. I have done a system restore after messing up
    >>> the first download I did earlier today, so I am now going to start
    >>> again. I did notice the nagging update button, so I am aware of
    >>> that.

    >> All you have to do is click "Later" every time you boot the program.
    >> Like I said though ... Don't get in the habit of thinking it's
    >> always gonna be the middle, or left, or right button though, because
    >> it moves around. An effect I think is kinda neat, but that's
    >> neither here nor there. :)
    >>> But can you tell me what settings to adjust to close the program
    >>> when I am not useing it, as I don't really want it running all the
    >>> time.

    >> Tools > Options > Shutdown > [click the button that says "Shutdown
    >> Immediately"]
    >>
    >>> Also, what is the program like for downloading dvd's. I used to use
    >>> WinMX but every dvd I ever tried to download was never what I
    >>> wanted. They always came out as blue movies.

    >> Depends what you mean by "blue movies". In my neck of the woods a
    >> "blue movie" is porn. :) However? If by "blue movie" you mean you
    >> can't view the video and/or can't hear the sound? That's more than
    >> likely a codec issue, and a topic for another thread.

    > Yes, I mean porn. Would I be more likely to get the download I ask
    > for on Limewire. For instance, on WinMX, if I tried to download
    > 'Bridget Jones Diary' when I played it back, instead of getting B J D
    > it would be a porn film.

    What? Now I gotta take you by the hand and lead you everywhere? Not gonna
    happen. You'll never learn anything that way.

    I'll leave you with this though ..

    *Right*-clicking can be very useful.

    'Sly', on the other hand? Is use*less*

    And now? My work is done here.

    TJ, Jul 1, 2005
  9. Pat

    old jon Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message
    > To download Limewire it gives 2 options of Limewire Pro $18.88 or Limewire
    > Basic. For a free download, should I click Basic. Some are saying Pro is
    > free, but the web site says $18.88.

    Oh there you are, I wondered where you`d got to. It sounds as though you
    made a pigs ear of d|loading LW. Download the basic pack (it`s free).
    Install it. Don`t forget the java stuff. When you`ve got it running, go to
    Lw site and D\L the help file.
    Don`t forget you are , in effect, swapping files with other people. You are
    therefor never sure how `nice` they are. I`ve had loads of success on LWire,
    but occassionally you get an idiot that renames a porn file, you D\L it and
    it`s not what you thought it was. Sadly this is real life. We just grin and
    bear it.
    Best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 1, 2005
  10. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Pat" <> wrote in message
    >> To download Limewire it gives 2 options of Limewire Pro $18.88 or
    >> Limewire Basic. For a free download, should I click Basic. Some are
    >> saying Pro is free, but the web site says $18.88.
    >>

    > Oh there you are, I wondered where you`d got to. It sounds as though you
    > made a pigs ear of d|loading LW. Download the basic pack (it`s free).
    > Install it. Don`t forget the java stuff. When you`ve got it running, go to
    > Lw site and D\L the help file.
    > Don`t forget you are , in effect, swapping files with other people. You
    > are therefor never sure how `nice` they are. I`ve had loads of success on
    > LWire, but occassionally you get an idiot that renames a porn file, you
    > D\L it and it`s not what you thought it was. Sadly this is real life. We
    > just grin and bear it.
    > Best wishes..OJ

    Yes I'm still here and yes I did make a pigs ear of it. I downloaded it all
    ok and the java stuff, but messed it up some how learning how to use it.
    Gonna have another try now. Thanks for your help.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  11. Pat

    Guest

    On "TJ" <> wrote:

    |>What? Now I gotta take you by the hand and lead you everywhere? Not gonna
    |>happen. You'll never learn anything that way.

    You didn't see that one coming? "Which one do I download" was a give
    away; I had a grow a pair post written I never sent.
    --
    http://www.thekansascitychannel.com/news/4673237/detail.html

    , Jul 1, 2005
  12. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "Pat" <> wrote in message
    >> To download Limewire it gives 2 options of Limewire Pro $18.88 or
    >> Limewire Basic. For a free download, should I click Basic. Some are
    >> saying Pro is free, but the web site says $18.88.
    >>

    > Oh there you are, I wondered where you`d got to. It sounds as though you
    > made a pigs ear of d|loading LW. Download the basic pack (it`s free).
    > Install it. Don`t forget the java stuff. When you`ve got it running, go to
    > Lw site and D\L the help file.
    > Don`t forget you are , in effect, swapping files with other people. You
    > are therefor never sure how `nice` they are. I`ve had loads of success on
    > LWire, but occassionally you get an idiot that renames a porn file, you
    > D\L it and it`s not what you thought it was. Sadly this is real life. We
    > just grin and bear it.
    > Best wishes..OJ

    I did a system restore. Downloaded LW again and the Jave stuff. I though it
    would all start from new, but it hasn't. I have still got all this in the LW
    Library:

    Limewire On Startup
    Limewire
    Limewire
    Limewire
    Limewire 20
    Spacer
    Uninstall.

    It won't delete and I don't know why it is there. As far as I can tell,
    everything else is working ok. Any ideas please.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  13. Pat

    Sly Guest

    pro is free if you find one thats been uploaded, if yud like the latest pro,
    let me know and i can send you the install file

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  14. Pat

    Sly Guest

    ignore TJ, i did, hes a real ass

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  15. Pat

    Sly Guest

    why let those files in library bother you? the files arent hurting anything
    and are taking up almost zero space just ignore it and enjoy limewire, i
    still think pro wouldve been the better choice and can send it to you if you
    wish

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  16. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Thanks for the offer, but I'm having enough trouble with what I've got at
    the moment. I uninstalled LW did a system restore. Re installed LW and I
    still have all that stuff in the library. Plus I cant find where the music
    is downloading to now. It doesn't seem to be downloading to the same place
    it was before and I dont remember LW saying where it will be downloaded to
    this time. Help!

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  17. Pat

    Sly Guest

    i dont know why the files are there but with limewire pro you wont have the
    problem

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  18. Pat

    Pat Guest

    Ok so I ignore those files, but I still cant find where my downloads are
    going. As for your offer of Pro, I thought you had to pay for it. What would
    I need to do if I accepted your offer of sending it to me and how can I find
    my downloads. Sorry, you must be getting fed up with me by now, I'm not
    really that thick and I wouldn't mind, but it's my daughter I am doing it
    for. But I do appreciate your help. Thanks.

    Pat, Jul 1, 2005
  19. Pat

    Sly Guest

    its a cracked one, it thinks its paid for or someone paid it and is shareing
    it, your saved files are in thew locations i told you of earlier, likely in
    windows shared

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005
  20. Pat

    Sly Guest

    do a search on limewire for limewire pro 4.8.1 or 481
    thats the latest version, its full the functional pro version and no nagging
    update screen

    Sly, Jul 1, 2005