    Is really frustrating.

    Can anyone help.

    Thanks

    Graeme, Jul 27, 2005

  2. Graeme

    Harry Guest

    Graeme wrote:

    > Get this message when I try to boot my PC. Runnning Mandrake Ver 10.1
    >

    > does PCI device listing then,
    >
    > Verifying DMI Pool Data ........
    >
    > LILO - Keytable read/checksum error
    >
    > nd that is it, can anyone help please.
    >
    > Is really frustrating.
    >
    > Can anyone help.

    Sounds like a faulty disk.
    Try booting from a cdrom.

    Harry, Jul 27, 2005

  3. Graeme

    Peter Guest

    Graeme wrote:

    > Get this message when I try to boot my PC. Runnning Mandrake Ver 10.1
    > does PCI device listing then,
    > Verifying DMI Pool Data ........
    > LILO - Keytable read/checksum error
    > nd that is it, can anyone help please.

    Any more info? Is this a fresh install, or has it run ok for months? Have
    you recently changed some hardware? Is this 10.1 community or official
    edition?

    You might try booting off cd1, which has a rescue option where you can check
    the boot loader configuration (/etc/lilo.conf) and rerun lilo. That might
    be worth a try.

    It might be a hardware defect.

    HTH

    Peter

    Peter, Jul 27, 2005
  4. In article <>,
    Graeme <> wrote:

    >Verifying DMI Pool Data ........
    >
    >LILO - Keytable read/checksum error

    I don't use LILO myself (I'm a grub man), but Googling for those words
    indicates that it is something to do with a "keytable=" line in your
    lilo.conf. However, it shouldn't cause the boot to fail completely. So
    you probably have something worse, like a bad hard disk.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jul 28, 2005
  5. Graeme

    thing2 Guest

    Graeme wrote:

    > Get this message when I try to boot my PC. Runnning Mandrake Ver 10.1
    >

    > does PCI device listing then,
    >
    > Verifying DMI Pool Data ........
    >
    > LILO - Keytable read/checksum error
    >
    > nd that is it, can anyone help please.
    >
    > Is really frustrating.
    >
    > Can anyone help.
    >
    > Thanks

    you should be able to boot off the first cdrom in rescue mode.

    I suspect all you need to do is run lilo at the command prompt once the
    box is up and watch for a success or failure message from lilo.

    If you get a success message do a reboot.

    If you get a failure message, I need to see what it says.

    regards

    Thing

    thing2, Jul 28, 2005
  6. Graeme

    Graeme Guest

    On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:16:31 +1200, Graeme <>
    wrote:

    >Get this message when I try to boot my PC. Runnning Mandrake Ver 10.1
    >

    >does PCI device listing then,
    >
    >Verifying DMI Pool Data ........
    >
    >LILO - Keytable read/checksum error
    >
    >nd that is it, can anyone help please.
    >
    >Is really frustrating.
    >
    >Can anyone help.
    >
    >Thanks

    Yes it looks like a bad hard-disk or maybe even the CD-Rom. Can't
    even get that to boot.

    It was working okay but I have had problems for a while so going to
    get another hard-disk to see if that works.

    Will also try and score a copy of Knopix and try that too.

    Thnks for your help guys, much appreciated.

    Graeme, Jul 28, 2005