    replacement in a hurry. As the S50 is more than a year old, how likely is it
    that a successor would be introduced anytime soon (like within the next
    month or so)?
    kmf, Apr 9, 2004

  2. kmf

    [BnH] Guest

    Didn't they release the S1 for that purpose ?
    and Pro1 to replace the G series ?

    =bob=

    "kmf" <> wrote in message
    > After doing extensive research I had basically decided to pick the Canon

    S50
    > as my new digicam. The main reasons for choosing the S50 were that I would
    > be able to use an 1GB microdrive that had been laying around unused and

    the
    > ability to use basic point-and-shoot or manual settings when necesarry,

    but
    > when I went to the local mom and pop digicam shop I did not like the size
    > (too large) and feel of the S50. So I'm basically pondering if I should

    wait

    [BnH], Apr 9, 2004

  3. kmf

    kmf Guest

    "[BnH]" <b18ATiinetDOTnetDOTaus> wrote in message
    > Didn't they release the S1 for that purpose ?
    > and Pro1 to replace the G series ?

    Isn't the S1 even more bulky? Can't find any cam with the manual control of
    the G series in a compact housing in their current line-up.
    kmf, Apr 9, 2004
  4. kmf

    leo Guest

    "kmf" <> wrote in message

    > "[BnH]" <b18ATiinetDOTnetDOTaus> wrote in message
    > > Didn't they release the S1 for that purpose ?
    > > and Pro1 to replace the G series ?

    > Isn't the S1 even more bulky? Can't find any cam with the manual control

    of
    > the G series in a compact housing in their current line-up.

    Possibly it's being replaced by ELPH S500. I don't see any advantage of S50
    except price.
    leo, Apr 10, 2004
  5. kmf

    kmf Guest

    "leo" <> wrote in message
    > Possibly it's being replaced by ELPH S500. I don't see any advantage of

    S50
    > except price.

    The ELPH S500 does not have all the advanced manual controls the S50 has,
    but I really like its size and design. So maybe its something to consider.
    kmf, Apr 10, 2004
  6. kmf

    Spaceboy Guest

    Spaceboy, May 10, 2004