    weighs 405 grams excluding batteries
    (I reckon 4 NiMH batteries weigh around 105 grams).

    Thanks in advance, kind regards, Niek
    name, Jun 17, 2006

  2. On 16 Jun 2006 19:06:11 -0700, name <> wrote:

    > Hello.
    >
    > Can anyone please recommend a portable lightweight tripod that is
    > sturdy enough to support a Canon Powershot S2? I think the camera
    > weighs 405 grams excluding batteries
    > (I reckon 4 NiMH batteries weigh around 105 grams).

    I bought a Velbon 343E to use with my FZ5 (roughly the same weight and
    zoom range as your camera). I've been happy with it. It weighs about 2
    pounds, folds up into a fairly compact bundle, and did quite well with 2
    second exposures at full zoom. Runs about $60-70ish.

    -dms
    Daniel Silevitch, Jun 17, 2006

  3. name

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Daniel Silevitch <> wrote:

    > On 16 Jun 2006 19:06:11 -0700, name <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello.
    > >
    > > Can anyone please recommend a portable lightweight tripod that is
    > > sturdy enough to support a Canon Powershot S2? I think the camera
    > > weighs 405 grams excluding batteries
    > > (I reckon 4 NiMH batteries weigh around 105 grams).

    > I bought a Velbon 343E to use with my FZ5 (roughly the same weight and
    > zoom range as your camera). I've been happy with it. It weighs about 2
    > pounds, folds up into a fairly compact bundle, and did quite well with 2
    > second exposures at full zoom. Runs about $60-70ish.

    I got myself a Velbon P-Max a couple of years ago and use it with my
    Fuji S7000. It weighs about 800g with a quick release head. I usually
    use the 2 second self-timer to allow any wobbles to subside.
    Stewy, Jun 18, 2006