lighttracks

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by G. Hoppenbrouwers, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. G. Hoppenbrouwers, Sep 21, 2005

  2. Derek Fountain, Sep 21, 2005

  3. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    DHB Guest

    On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:11:52 +0200, "G. Hoppenbrouwers"
    <> wrote:

    >Lighttracks of a train on:
    >
    >http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/origineel/12.html
    >
    >and
    >
    >http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/origineel/31.html
    >

    >Your comments are highly appreciated.
    >
    >Gregoir

    Gregoir,
    Have to agree I like the 1st 1 better also. If you post
    edit it at all, I would consider removing the green reflection &
    filling in the red signal light so that it does not look like a donut.
    Aside from those 2 minor esthetic problems, I like it & being fogged
    adds to the mood.

    Best of luck, looks like you have night/existing light
    photography well in hand. Just out of curiosity would you consider
    posting what camera/lens used. I find it most helpful when peopled do
    so because it lets others know what is possible, especially if they
    have the same or a similar equipment.

    Last question, wondering how long the exposure was? Asking
    because trains tend to shake the ground considerably & yet this looks
    like the camera was on very solid because the light streaks are nice &
    straight without uneven/bumpiness to them.

    Thanks for sharing & I hope my input helped.

    Respectfully, DHB

    to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

    DHB, Sep 21, 2005
  4. "DHB" <> schreef in bericht
    > On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:11:52 +0200, "G. Hoppenbrouwers"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Lighttracks of a train on:
    >>
    >>http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/origineel/12.html
    >>
    >>and
    >>
    >>http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/diversen/origineel/31.html
    >>

    >>Your comments are highly appreciated.
    >>
    >>Gregoir
    >>

    > Gregoir,
    > Have to agree I like the 1st 1 better also. If you post
    > edit it at all, I would consider removing the green reflection &
    > filling in the red signal light so that it does not look like a donut.
    > Aside from those 2 minor esthetic problems, I like it & being fogged
    > adds to the mood.
    >
    > Best of luck, looks like you have night/existing light
    > photography well in hand. Just out of curiosity would you consider
    > posting what camera/lens used. I find it most helpful when peopled do
    > so because it lets others know what is possible, especially if they
    > have the same or a similar equipment.

    The first image I made years ago with my Mamiya 645. It is a scanned photo.
    I made it on 100 asa-film; f8 with 8 sec.

    The second image I made with an Olympus E20 also of course on a solid
    tripod. The mirror was up and I used the selftimer.
    80 iso - f.8 and also 8 sec.

    For if you are interested:
    Last week I made some eveningphoto's in a town here in the neighbourhood
    with my Canon 10D.
    100 iso - f.8 and mostly 1, 2 or 3 sec. Mirror up - tripod - selftimer.
    You can see them on:
    http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/nederland/index20.html

    G. Hoppenbrouwers, Sep 21, 2005