    one of these drives, if so what is your opinion re labeling speed?

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 24, 2005

  2. John

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:07:58 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >Looking to purchase one of these drives but a little concerned about
    >the time taken to print a label. Has anyone tried out, or purchased
    >one of these drives, if so what is your opinion re labeling speed?
    >
    >Regards,
    >John.

    I've got a BenQ DW1625. All I can say is Lighscribe labels are not for
    the impatient.
    --
    SETI Stats
    http://boinc.mundayweb.com/one/stats.php/userID:1999/prj:1/trans:off

    DoggNZ, Aug 24, 2005

  3. John

    XP Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:07:58 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >Looking to purchase one of these drives but a little concerned about
    >the time taken to print a label. Has anyone tried out, or purchased
    >one of these drives, if so what is your opinion re labeling speed?
    >
    >Regards,
    >John.

    All Made by Philips leave well alone.

    XP, Aug 25, 2005
  4. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:05:24 +1200, DoggNZ wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:07:58 +1200, John <> wrote:
    >
    >>Looking to purchase one of these drives but a little concerned about
    >>the time taken to print a label. Has anyone tried out, or purchased
    >>one of these drives, if so what is your opinion re labeling speed?
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>John.

    > I've got a BenQ DW1625. All I can say is Lighscribe labels are not for
    > the impatient.

    This is the drive I have my eye on, I already own a BenQ 1620 that I'm
    very pleased with.
    Is it true it takes 30 minutes to write a label?

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 25, 2005
  5. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:06:34 +1200, XP wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:07:58 +1200, John <> wrote:
    >
    >>Looking to purchase one of these drives but a little concerned about
    >>the time taken to print a label. Has anyone tried out, or purchased
    >>one of these drives, if so what is your opinion re labeling speed?
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>John.

    > All Made by Philips leave well alone.

    BenQ - HP - LaCie all made by Philip's?

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 25, 2005
  6. John

    Rex Havoc Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > Looking to purchase one of these drives but a little concerned about
    > the time taken to print a label. Has anyone tried out, or purchased
    > one of these drives, if so what is your opinion re labeling speed?
    >
    > Regards,
    > John.

    Ive got a BenQ DW1625. Had it for 6~ weeks and now the drive tray wont open
    or close. It also stopped recognising my BattleField2 CD which was in there
    when it failed. :-(
    I hadnt tried labeling anything with it so am unsure of how well that works.

    Rex Havoc, Aug 25, 2005
  7. John

    Rich Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 11:06:34 +1200, XP wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:07:58 +1200, John <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Looking to purchase one of these drives but a little concerned about
    >>>the time taken to print a label. Has anyone tried out, or purchased
    >>>one of these drives, if so what is your opinion re labeling speed?
    >>>
    >>>Regards,
    >>>John.

    >> All Made by Philips leave well alone.

    > BenQ - HP - LaCie all made by Philip's?

    The HP's are made by LiteOn actually, but don't argue with Woger, it's not
    worth the effort.

    http://reseller.co.nz/news.nsf/UNID...00068EFF?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,lightscribe

    Rich, Aug 25, 2005
  8. John

    Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:10:41 +1200, "Rex Havoc" <>
    wrote:

    >Ive got a BenQ DW1625. Had it for 6~ weeks and now the drive tray wont open
    >or close. It also stopped recognising my BattleField2 CD which was in there
    >when it failed. :-(
    >I hadnt tried labeling anything with it so am unsure of how well that works.

    I had a hard time with a Samsung TS-H552U. Would just sit there with
    the light blinking like it couldn't read any CD.

    Turns out the power supply in the computer was failing, and the DVD
    writer was the first to notice. A couple of days after that, the PSU
    failed completely.

    Computer errors aren't always what they seem:)

    , Aug 25, 2005
  9. John

    XP Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:42:27 +1200, "Rich" <> wrote:

    >"John" <> wrote in message

    >>> All Made by Philips leave well alone.

    >> BenQ - HP - LaCie all made by Philip's?
    >>

    >The HP's are made by LiteOn actually, but don't argue with Woger, it's not
    >worth the effort.
    >
    >http://reseller.co.nz/news.nsf/UNID...00068EFF?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,lightscribe

    No they are not, as philips invented it, it uses a crap philips laser
    block, so how little you know..

    This is well know so it seems you have made a utter fool of yourself..

    XP, Aug 25, 2005
  10. John

    John Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:51:17 +1200, XP wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:42:27 +1200, "Rich" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"John" <> wrote in message

    >>> BenQ - HP - LaCie all made by Philip's?
    >>>

    >>The HP's are made by LiteOn actually, but don't argue with Woger, it's not
    >>worth the effort.
    >>
    >>http://reseller.co.nz/news.nsf/UNID...00068EFF?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,lightscribe
    >>

    > No they are not, as philips invented it, it uses a crap philips laser
    > block, so how little you know..
    >
    > This is well know so it seems you have made a utter fool of yourself..

    If your talking about LightScibe you're wrong again Roger, LightScribe
    was invented by HP and is used by other drives under licence.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightScribe

    As for drives made by Philips being crap, I can only point to a
    Philips CD burner I purchased in August 99 ($533)that is being used on
    a permanent basis in a friends computer and still works great.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 25, 2005
  11. John

    XP Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:58:40 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:51:17 +1200, XP wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:42:27 +1200, "Rich" <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"John" <> wrote in message

    >>>The HP's are made by LiteOn actually, but don't argue with Woger, it's not
    >>>worth the effort.
    >>>
    >>>http://reseller.co.nz/news.nsf/UNID...00068EFF?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,lightscribe
    >>>

    >> No they are not, as philips invented it, it uses a crap philips laser
    >> block, so how little you know..
    >>
    >> This is well know so it seems you have made a utter fool of yourself..

    >If your talking about LightScibe you're wrong again Roger, LightScribe
    >was invented by HP and is used by other drives under licence.

    John you are Totally Wrong HP, uses Philips Lasers and Drives, this is a
    well known Fact..

    >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightScribe
    >
    >As for drives made by Philips being crap, I can only point to a
    >Philips CD burner I purchased in August 99 ($533)that is being used on
    >a permanent basis in a friends computer and still works great.

    Utter Crap I had a reply from a Philips Professor that also stated so, and
    Philips do not make good Lasers, gee I should know as I have to replace them a
    lot.

    >Regards,
    >John.

    Plus you do not need a Lightscribe drive as you have a Printer that can print
    onto CD's and in Colour.

    XP, Aug 25, 2005
  12. John

    Rich Guest

    "XP" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:58:40 +1200, John <> wrote:

    >>> No they are not, as philips invented it, it uses a crap philips laser
    >>> block, so how little you know..
    >>>
    >>> This is well know so it seems you have made a utter fool of yourself..

    >>If your talking about LightScibe you're wrong again Roger, LightScribe
    >>was invented by HP and is used by other drives under licence.

    > John you are Totally Wrong HP, uses Philips Lasers and Drives, this is a
    > well known Fact..
    >
    >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightScribe
    >>
    >>As for drives made by Philips being crap, I can only point to a
    >>Philips CD burner I purchased in August 99 ($533)that is being used on
    >>a permanent basis in a friends computer and still works great.

    > Utter Crap I had a reply from a Philips Professor that also stated so,
    > and
    > Philips do not make good Lasers, gee I should know as I have to replace
    > them a
    > lot.
    >

    >>Regards,
    >>John.

    > Plus you do not need a Lightscribe drive as you have a Printer that can
    > print
    > onto CD's and in Colour.

    Wogie can you explain the article I linked to at
    http://reseller.co.nz/news.nsf/UNID...00068EFF?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,lightscribe
    where it says " Lite-On was contracted in February this year by HP to
    manufacture, market, support and distribute HP-branded DVD writer products.
    "

    The key word there to me is 'manufacture.'

    Rich, Aug 26, 2005
  13. John

    XP Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:19:17 +1200, "Rich" <> wrote:

    >"XP" <> wrote in message

    >>>If your talking about LightScibe you're wrong again Roger, LightScribe
    >>>was invented by HP and is used by other drives under licence.

    >> John you are Totally Wrong HP, uses Philips Lasers and Drives, this is a
    >> well known Fact..
    >>
    >>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LightScribe
    >>>
    >>>As for drives made by Philips being crap, I can only point to a
    >>>Philips CD burner I purchased in August 99 ($533)that is being used on
    >>>a permanent basis in a friends computer and still works great.

    >> Utter Crap I had a reply from a Philips Professor that also stated so,
    >> and
    >> Philips do not make good Lasers, gee I should know as I have to replace
    >> them a
    >> lot.
    >>

    >>>Regards,
    >>>John.

    >> Plus you do not need a Lightscribe drive as you have a Printer that can
    >> print
    >> onto CD's and in Colour.

    >Wogie can you explain the article I linked to at
    >http://reseller.co.nz/news.nsf/UNID...00068EFF?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,lightscribe
    >where it says " Lite-On was contracted in February this year by HP to
    >manufacture, market, support and distribute HP-branded DVD writer products.
    >"
    >
    >The key word there to me is 'manufacture.'

    And you believe every thing you read on the Net..?

    XP, Aug 26, 2005
  14. John

    Rich Guest

    "XP" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 18:19:17 +1200, "Rich" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"XP" <> wrote in message

    >>> John you are Totally Wrong HP, uses Philips Lasers and Drives, this is
    >>> well known Fact..

    >>> Utter Crap I had a reply from a Philips Professor that also stated so,
    >>> and
    >>> Philips do not make good Lasers, gee I should know as I have to replace
    >>> them a
    >>> lot.

    >>> Plus you do not need a Lightscribe drive as you have a Printer that can
    >>> print
    >>> onto CD's and in Colour.

    >>Wogie can you explain the article I linked to at
    >>http://reseller.co.nz/news.nsf/UNID...00068EFF?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,lightscribe
    >>where it says " Lite-On was contracted in February this year by HP to
    >>manufacture, market, support and distribute HP-branded DVD writer
    >>products.
    >>"
    >>
    >>The key word there to me is 'manufacture.'
    >>

    > And you believe every thing you read on the Net..?

    If it's untrue, Wogie, then a lot of people have been sucked in.

    http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News/Details.aspx?NewsId=12236

    Perhaps you could explain what it is that you know that HP and LiteOn do
    not.

    Rich, Aug 26, 2005
  15. John

    Guest

    John:

    I have heard it takes anywhere from 2 mins for a simple label to 37
    mins for a full label. LS announced they are coming out with faster
    media as well and you dont even have to buy a new drive!!!!

    , Aug 26, 2005
  16. John

    John Guest

    On 26 Aug 2005 15:24:01 -0700, wrote:

    > John:
    >
    > I have heard it takes anywhere from 2 mins for a simple label to 37
    > mins for a full label. LS announced they are coming out with faster
    > media as well and you dont even have to buy a new drive!!!!

    Interesting - Would you have site or more information re the new
    media?

    LS?

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 26, 2005
  17. John

    DoggNZ Guest

    On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:01:24 +1200, John <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >> I've got a BenQ DW1625. All I can say is Lighscribe labels are not for
    >> the impatient.

    >This is the drive I have my eye on, I already own a BenQ 1620 that I'm
    >very pleased with.
    >Is it true it takes 30 minutes to write a label?

    The last one I did took about 20 odd mins. It's not something you do
    everday that 20 - 30 mins is fine with me.

    DoggNZ, Aug 29, 2005
  18. John

    John Guest

    On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:46:21 +1200, DoggNZ wrote:

    > On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:01:24 +1200, John <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >>> I've got a BenQ DW1625. All I can say is Lighscribe labels are not for
    >>> the impatient.

    >>This is the drive I have my eye on, I already own a BenQ 1620 that I'm
    >>very pleased with.
    >>Is it true it takes 30 minutes to write a label?
    >>

    > The last one I did took about 20 odd mins. It's not something you do
    > everday that 20 - 30 mins is fine with me.

    Another poster mentioned there is new media on the way to bring down
    the time taken to make the label. If this is true I'll definitely
    purchase the BenQ 1625 drive. Looking for more information in regards
    the new media but at this stage aren't having much luck.

    Regards,
    John.

    John, Aug 30, 2005