  1. Rutger

    Rutger Guest

    1. Advertising

  2. David Cleland, Jul 19, 2006

  3. Rutger

    Frank ess Guest

    Frank ess, Jul 19, 2006
  4. Jethro Bodine, Jul 20, 2006
  5. Rutger

    Dick Simpson Guest

    Jethro Bodine wrote:
    > "David Cleland" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Rutger" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/?trackingid=IFQT
    >>>

    >>and I love it ! it is almost identical to the mac version in terms of
    >>look - I grabbed some screens at
    >>http://www.toppocket.net/software/adobe-release-lightroom-pc/ I am
    >>addicted and will definitely be buying this the second it comes out !
    >>
    >>David
    >>It looks a lot like RAWSHOOTER

    Not surprising, the Rawshooter team have just become Adobe employees.

    Dick Simpson, Jul 20, 2006
  6. "Dick Simpson" <> wrote:
    > Jethro Bodine wrote:
    >>>It looks a lot like RAWSHOOTER

    > Not surprising, the Rawshooter team have just become Adobe employees.

    ??? It doesn't look anything like Rawshooter to me...

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Jul 20, 2006
  7. Rutger

    Jack Guest

    "Jethro Bodine" <> wrote in message

    > "David Cleland" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Rutger" <> wrote in message
    > >> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/?trackingid=IFQT
    > >>

    > > and I love it ! it is almost identical to the mac version in terms of
    > > look - I grabbed some screens at
    > > http://www.toppocket.net/software/adobe-release-lightroom-pc/ I am
    > > addicted and will definitely be buying this the second it comes out !
    > >
    > > David
    > >It looks a lot like RAWSHOOTER

    Here's what they are saying on the Rawshooter Forum regarding Lightroom. Not
    so good right now.

    http://www.pixmantec.com/forums/postlist.php?Cat=0&Board=Lightroom

    Jack, Jul 20, 2006
  8. Rutger

    Dick Bowman Guest

    "Frank ess" <> wrote in

    > Rutger wrote:
    >> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/?trackingid=IFQT
    >>
    >> Rutger

    > Thank you.

    I had a couple of sessions with it yesterday - felt it was the worst (in
    terms of user interface) RAW converter I'd tried.

    Especially disliked the hand-holding "we'll help you organise your photos
    for you" attitude - even Photoshop Elements lets the user just open a file.

    It's not that it's different - it's that it's just plain awkward.

    Dick Bowman, Jul 20, 2006
  9. Rutger

    Bigguy Guest

    I hate the RawShooter GUI - baffling + unintuitive... I like Adobe
    Lightroom a lot :)

    Used it 'for real' on stuff I shot at the w/e and found it easy + fast. It's
    more like Capture NX than RS.

    It has good Project handling, great RAW conversion and automation too.

    I wait to see how much Adobe want to rob me for it ;-(

    Stable for a beta too.

    Guy

    Bigguy, Jul 20, 2006
  10. Rutger

    Monkee Guest

    > "Rutger" <> wrote in message
    >> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom/?trackingid=IFQT
    >>

    > and I love it ! it is almost identical to the mac version in terms of
    > look - I grabbed some screens at
    > http://www.toppocket.net/software/adobe-release-lightroom-pc/ I am
    > addicted and will definitely be buying this the second it comes out !
    >
    > David

    May look good, but I'm finding it slow, unstable and using a suprisingly
    large amount of memory for what it offers....

    But I guess it's only a beta

    Monkee, Jul 20, 2006
  11. Gene Palmiter, Jul 20, 2006
  12. Rutger

    Frank ess Guest

    Gene Palmiter wrote:
    > Just loaded it last night....first impressions is that it is not
    > intuitive. Looks like I will have to have a look at the video and
    > manual.

    I _hate_ it when that happens.

    I've had only a few minutes to look at it. It seems to me I shouldn't
    have to spend so much time looking for commonly used controls or
    choice buttons.

    Like any other worthwhile tool, it may take some serious study to get
    a good handle on it.

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Jul 20, 2006

  13. >> and I love it ! it is almost identical to the mac version in terms of
    >> look - I grabbed some screens at
    >> http://www.toppocket.net/software/adobe-release-lightroom-pc/ I am
    >> addicted and will definitely be buying this the second it comes out !
    >>
    >> David
    >>It looks a lot like RAWSHOOTER

    I have not come across Rawshooter, I have to confess I have found the beta
    very slow today, and it has spent much of the time 'checking thumbnails' I
    think it will be great when it is finished but there is much to do I think.

    David

    www.toppocket.net

    David Cleland, Jul 20, 2006
  14. Again....this is just first impressions. But, it seems to be using a
    vocabulary of it's own. I was hoping it was based on Bridge. Well, if its
    realy unique I suppose it might have to set a standard rather than follow
    one. But, I have only so many hours in a day and I would prefer to use them
    shooting my camera.

    --
    Thanks,
    Gene Palmiter

    Gene Palmiter, Jul 21, 2006
  15. Rutger

    Hebee Jeebes Guest

    I don't know if any one has but there are some great Lightroom demo videos
    at:

    http://www.photoshopuser.com/lightroom/index.html

    They are free and really show some of the unique features it has.

    Hebee Jeebes, Jul 21, 2006
  16. On 7/20/06 9:52 PM, Hebee Jeebes wrote:
    > I don't know if any one has but there are some great Lightroom demo videos
    > at:
    >
    > http://www.photoshopuser.com/lightroom/index.html
    >
    > They are free and really show some of the unique features it has.

    Additional videos at Apple Music store, video podcasts. See photoshop.tv
    and Lightroom Beta.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Jul 21, 2006
  17. Rutger

    Alex E Guest

    I've been using it since the beta was released, and after a bit of a
    shakey start (and quite a while of it creating thumbnails) I'm really
    starting to like it. Also, like Guy said yesterday, for a beta it's so
    far been stable.

    I have been using Adobe Bridge to organise my photos, so I was quite
    eager to see what Lightroom was gonna be able to do. I'm finding
    organising things into 'shoots' is a good idea, and the quick groups
    selection is good too.

    Gonna use it after a shoot on Sunday, see how it compares with actually
    importing photos I've just downloaded, and catagorizing them.

    Regards,
    Alex

    Alex E, Jul 21, 2006
  18. "Alex E" <> wrote in message
    > I've been using it since the beta was released, and after a bit of a
    > shakey start (and quite a while of it creating thumbnails) I'm really
    > starting to like it. Also, like Guy said yesterday, for a beta it's so
    > far been stable.

    Although everytime I start lightroom within 2-3 mins it goes back to
    "checking thumbnails" and my entire system starts to struggle :(

    David
    www.toppocket.net

    David Cleland, Jul 21, 2006
  19. Rutger

    Stan Beck Guest

    It sounds like this is going to be a memory intensive application. I've
    heard that this new Microsoft OS (Vista?) is going to want about 3 gigs of
    RAM - maybe this application was written with that in mind.

    --
    Stan Beck > From New Orleans to Brandon MS

    It's hard to soar with the eagles in the morning if you've been hooting with
    the owls all night.

    To reply, remove 101 from address.
    ***

    Stan Beck, Jul 21, 2006

  20. > It sounds like this is going to be a memory intensive application. I've
    > heard that this new Microsoft OS (Vista?) is going to want about 3 gigs of
    > RAM - maybe this application was written with that in mind.

    Vista is not going to need 3gig, infact MS have added a spec profile that
    you can run on your machine to tell you what you need to do to get vista to
    run at www.windowsvista.com - I think much of the high power stuff is gloss
    anyway ?

    As for Lightroom I can see the benefits but I think there is a bit to go
    yet. I wonder will it do a lightbox type offering like aperture ?

    David

    Pocketpc Portal : www.toppocket.net

    David Cleland, Jul 21, 2006