    open a raw file, so it opens up in Camera raw.
    I can't find the same function in Lightroom 1.3
    Is there no such function ?

    SpookiePower, Mar 26, 2008

  2. SpookiePower wrote:
    > I have just started to use lightroom 1.3
    > to keep track of all my photos. Before I used
    > Adobe Bridge, and from Bridge it is possible to
    > open a raw file, so it opens up in Camera raw.
    > I can't find the same function in Lightroom 1.3
    > Is there no such function ?

    ?

    You run Import to get images into LR. Or drag and drop and the Import
    dialog opens up. The current version is 1.3.1.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Mar 26, 2008

  3. "SpookiePower" <> wrote:
    >I have just started to use lightroom 1.3
    > to keep track of all my photos. Before I used
    > Adobe Bridge, and from Bridge it is possible to
    > open a raw file, so it opens up in Camera raw.
    > I can't find the same function in Lightroom 1.3
    > Is there no such function ?

    There is no such function. Lightroom replaces both Bridge and Camera Raw.

    Use the "Develop" module in Lightroom. It provides all the functions of
    Camera Raw. Using the same code. Only the UI is different.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Mar 26, 2008
  4. SpookiePower

    Frank ess Guest

    David J. Littleboy wrote:
    > "SpookiePower" <> wrote:
    >> I have just started to use lightroom 1.3
    >> to keep track of all my photos. Before I used
    >> Adobe Bridge, and from Bridge it is possible to
    >> open a raw file, so it opens up in Camera raw.
    >> I can't find the same function in Lightroom 1.3
    >> Is there no such function ?

    > There is no such function. Lightroom replaces both Bridge and
    > Camera Raw.
    > Use the "Develop" module in Lightroom. It provides all the
    > functions of Camera Raw. Using the same code. Only the UI is
    > different.
    > David J. Littleboy
    > Tokyo, Japan

    Speaking of UI ...

    Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the contrast
    levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without putting my nose
    up against the screen?

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Mar 26, 2008
  5. SpookiePower

    Roger Moss Guest

    "Frank ess" <> wrote in message

    > David J. Littleboy wrote:
    >> "SpookiePower" <> wrote:
    >>> I have just started to use lightroom 1.3
    >>> to keep track of all my photos. Before I used
    >>> Adobe Bridge, and from Bridge it is possible to
    >>> open a raw file, so it opens up in Camera raw.
    >>> I can't find the same function in Lightroom 1.3
    >>> Is there no such function ?

    >> There is no such function. Lightroom replaces both Bridge and
    >> Camera Raw.
    >> Use the "Develop" module in Lightroom. It provides all the
    >> functions of Camera Raw. Using the same code. Only the UI is
    >> different.
    >> David J. Littleboy
    >> Tokyo, Japan

    > Speaking of UI ...
    >
    > Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the contrast
    > levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without putting my nose up
    > against the screen?
    >

    > --
    > Frank ess

    Lightroom will do all you'll probably need - and the current version is
    1.4...

    RM

    Roger Moss, Mar 26, 2008
  6. SpookiePower

    nospam Guest

    In article <fsecng$477$>, Roger Moss
    <roger.moss(BINTHISBIT)@aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

    > Lightroom will do all you'll probably need - and the current version is
    > 1.4...

    no, the current version 1.3.1. adobe pulled 1.4.

    nospam, Mar 26, 2008
  7. "Frank ess" <> wrote:

    > Speaking of UI ...
    >
    > Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the contrast
    > levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without putting my nose up
    > against the screen?

    Hmm. I'm not having problems here with that. FWIW, I have my LCD monitor's
    contrast at max and brightness at almost the minimum. I work in relatively
    subdued lighting, though: a spot reading of a gray card on my document stand
    next to my monitor gives f/2.0 at 1/8 sec for ISO 100 with the reading lamp
    off but all the room lights on (and two stops brighter with the reading
    light on).

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Mar 27, 2008
  8. SpookiePower

    Frank ess Guest

    Roger Moss wrote:
    > "Frank ess" <> wrote in message

    [ ... ]

    >> Speaking of UI ...
    >>
    >> Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the
    >> contrast levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without
    >> putting my nose up against the screen?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Frank ess
    >>

    > Lightroom will do all you'll probably need - and the current
    > version is
    > 1.4...
    >
    > RM

    Good "answer".

    Speaking of UI ...

    Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the
    contrast levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without
    putting my nose up against the screen?

    You don't know?

    What a surprise!

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Mar 27, 2008
  9. SpookiePower

    Frank ess Guest

    David J. Littleboy wrote:
    > "Frank ess" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> Speaking of UI ...
    >>
    >> Is there a control or two that might allow me to change the
    >> contrast levels so I can actually read menus and cetera without
    >> putting my nose up against the screen?

    > Hmm. I'm not having problems here with that. FWIW, I have my LCD
    > monitor's contrast at max and brightness at almost the minimum. I
    > work in relatively subdued lighting, though: a spot reading of a
    > gray card on my document stand next to my monitor gives f/2.0 at
    > 1/8 sec for ISO 100 with the reading lamp off but all the room
    > lights on (and two stops brighter with the reading light on).
    >
    > David J. Littleboy
    > Tokyo, Japan

    Thank you. I have some large light-level fluctuations in my viewing
    area, not easily controlled. I'd really like to call up Monitor
    Adjustments R Us and have them install a one-click or slider
    adjustment utility; even better, an automatic compensator based on a
    webcam input. How difficult could that be?

    --
    Frank ess

    Frank ess, Mar 27, 2008
  10. SpookiePower

    SpookiePower Guest

    I also think that the UI is too dark.
    I can't find any where to change that.

    SpookiePower, Mar 27, 2008
  11. SpookiePower wrote:
    > I also think that the UI is too dark.
    > I can't find any where to change that.

    Adjust your monitor! ;)

    Seriously, perhaps you need more screen real estate or higher
    resolution, or a sharper display. I'm not eagle-eyed, and I have no
    problem seeing what I need to in LR. It did take some getting used to,
    but for me that was back in the beta days, over a year ago in other words.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Mar 27, 2008