Lightoom 1.2 Splitting RAW and JPEG View, driving me crazy!!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DemonTraitor, Oct 16, 2007.

  1. DemonTraitor

    DemonTraitor Guest

    I am trying out Lightroom as a complete workflow solution and it is
    hurting my head already!

    I have imported some photos and am viewing them in Library > Grid
    view. Lightroom has decided to stack (auto stacking is not on) two
    photos together because they have the same name - IMG001.CR2 +
    IMG001.JPG. These photos are completely different (the CR2 image is a
    duck, and the JPG image is a cat!!) and I cannot see anyway I can
    split them up, Lightroom is only allowing me to view/edit the CR2
    image!! How do I separate these files???

    Also, while I am here... All my photos are organised in YEAR > DATE
    folder (2007\2007 10 09 etc). When viewing a certain folder I want to
    be able to filter on keywords in that folder, but when I select a
    keyword from the "Keyword Tags" menu Lightroom returns every single
    photo in my entire collection with that keyword! I also want to be
    able to view and edit RAW and JPEG files in a similar way, but when
    selecting RAW only files in the "Metadata Browser" I get all the RAW
    files in my collection! Should I just stick with Adobe Bridge, this
    handles everything perfectly, and allows me to work only in the folder
    I have selected.

    Thank you

    Demon.
    DemonTraitor, Oct 16, 2007

  2. DemonTraitor wrote:
    > I am trying out Lightroom as a complete workflow solution and it is
    > hurting my head already!
    >
    > I have imported some photos and am viewing them in Library > Grid
    > view. Lightroom has decided to stack (auto stacking is not on) two
    > photos together because they have the same name - IMG001.CR2 +
    > IMG001.JPG. These photos are completely different (the CR2 image is a
    > duck, and the JPG image is a cat!!) and I cannot see anyway I can
    > split them up, Lightroom is only allowing me to view/edit the CR2
    > image!! How do I separate these files???
    >
    > Also, while I am here... All my photos are organised in YEAR > DATE
    > folder (2007\2007 10 09 etc). When viewing a certain folder I want to
    > be able to filter on keywords in that folder, but when I select a
    > keyword from the "Keyword Tags" menu Lightroom returns every single
    > photo in my entire collection with that keyword! I also want to be
    > able to view and edit RAW and JPEG files in a similar way, but when
    > selecting RAW only files in the "Metadata Browser" I get all the RAW
    > files in my collection! Should I just stick with Adobe Bridge, this
    > handles everything perfectly, and allows me to work only in the folder
    > I have selected.

    I'd suggest you start renaming photos by folder; it's easy to do.

    How many photos? How many folders? Usually a key word search brings you
    into the right spot where a quick eyeballing returns the desired image.
    You can search on multiple keywords, by type of image, by camera,
    location, etc. etc.

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Oct 16, 2007