    1 HS-1000 (220 w/s)
    1 PS-200 (120 w/s)

    Thanks, Steven
    Steven, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Steven

    Sorby Guest

    "Steven" <> wrote in message
    news:c9ivdg$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am photography student and am looking to invest in some lighting

    equipment
    > to go along with my Digital Rebel. Does anybody have any feedback on

    Britek
    > lights for $950:
    >
    > 2 Pro 750 (750 w/s)
    > 1 HS-1000 (220 w/s)
    > 1 PS-200 (120 w/s)

    Find the "EOS Safe?" Column then scroll down the page to the 'Britek'
    section.

    http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

    --
    Sorby
    Sorby, Jun 1, 2004

  3. Steven

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    I'd suggest White Lightneing or Alien Bees over most of the off brands like
    Britek. White Lightning has been around and been known for reliablilty for
    quite some time. Most of those off brands use the same Korean and Chinese
    made junk that breaks down pretty fast.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Steven

    Bill Turlock Guest

    Tony Spadaro wrote:

    > I'd suggest White Lightneing or Alien Bees over most of the off brands like
    > Britek. White Lightning has been around and been known for reliablilty for
    > quite some time. Most of those off brands use the same Korean and Chinese
    > made junk that breaks down pretty fast.

    I second the motion on the W.L.s
    I've got 2 600ws units, love 'em!
    Most bang for the buck!

    Bill
    Bill Turlock, Jun 2, 2004
  5. Steven

    Ivan Guest

    I second the motion for White Lightening. Service is good too. I damaged a
    unit out of stupidity well after it was past any expected warranty. I
    mailed it to Paul, he fixed it and mailed it back prompty....no charge to
    me. I can't say he'll do that for everyone all the time, but a good deed
    like that deserves a mention. Also I'm from Canada so the unit was shipped
    across the border twice and still received back to me promptly....NO CHARGE!
    Ivan

    Ivan, Jun 2, 2004
  6. Steven

    Crownfield Guest

    Bill Turlock wrote:

    > Tony Spadaro wrote:
    > >
    > > I'd suggest White Lightneing or Alien Bees over most of the off brands like
    > > Britek. White Lightning has been around and been known for reliablilty for
    > > quite some time. Most of those off brands use the same Korean and Chinese
    > > made junk that breaks down pretty fast.

    > I second the motion on the W.L.s
    > I've got 2 600ws units, love 'em!
    > Most bang for the buck!

    the only problem with white lightning
    is the 22" relflectors.
    they are a great idea, but they are off white,
    so their color does not match anything else.

    I have gone around several times with them on this matter.
    whoever designed them and specified the color was clueless.

    Crownfield, Jun 2, 2004
  7. Steven

    Crownfield Guest

    Bill Turlock wrote:

    > Tony Spadaro wrote:
    > >
    > > I'd suggest White Lightneing or Alien Bees over most of the off brands like
    > > Britek. White Lightning has been around and been known for reliablilty for
    > > quite some time. Most of those off brands use the same Korean and Chinese
    > > made junk that breaks down pretty fast.

    > I second the motion on the W.L.s
    > I've got 2 600ws units, love 'em!
    > Most bang for the buck!

    they seem to be good people, with good customer service.
    they have a good array of products at reasonable prices.
    the x3200 units have a 7 stop range,
    so they go WAY down for close up
    or shallow depth of field shots.

    I am pleased, and will buy from them again.

    Crownfield, Jun 2, 2004