    ===================================
    Of Course The Address is Munged

    ===================================

    GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net, Aug 28, 2003

  2. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net wrote:

    > I asked this in another group a week ago ( got no replys ), is there a
    > site on the web where it shows you how to build your own light frames?
    > I only found large light boxes and expensive large light frames.

    have you tried a 4' x 8' fluorescent ceiling fixture?
    add a milky sheet of 1/8 inchlucite as a top.

    you can sort hundreds of slides at once,
    with 32 sq ft of table.

    Bob Crownfield, Aug 29, 2003

  3. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net

    Lisa Horton Guest

    Bob Crownfield wrote:

    > have you tried a 4' x 8' fluorescent ceiling fixture?
    > add a milky sheet of 1/8 inchlucite as a top.
    >
    > you can sort hundreds of slides at once,
    > with 32 sq ft of table.

    I don't think he's looking to sort slides, but this is an awesome idea
    for an inexpensive large slide sorter. The lucite (Plexiglas) isn't
    terribly expensive, and most places that sell it will cut it to your
    order.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Aug 29, 2003
  4. On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:59:57 -0700, Lisa Horton <>
    wrote:

    >Bob Crownfield wrote:
    >>

    >> have you tried a 4' x 8' fluorescent ceiling fixture?
    >> add a milky sheet of 1/8 inchlucite as a top.
    >>
    >> you can sort hundreds of slides at once,
    >> with 32 sq ft of table.

    >I don't think he's looking to sort slides, but this is an awesome idea
    >for an inexpensive large slide sorter. The lucite (Plexiglas) isn't
    >terribly expensive, and most places that sell it will cut it to your
    >order.
    >
    >Lisa

    No I'm not, but that is a darn good idea for slide sorting.

    GK
    ===================================

    GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net, Aug 29, 2003
  5. On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 12:05:20 -0700, Lisa Horton <>
    wrote:

    >Why not just get a flat panel light box, a frame with a wide enough
    >border to hide the light box, and bodge one together yourself?
    >
    >Lisa
    >
    >GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net wrote:
    >>
    >> I asked this in another group a week ago ( got no replys ), is there a
    >> site on the web where it shows you how to build your own light frames?
    >> I only found large light boxes and expensive large light frames.
    >>
    >> GK
    >> ===================================
    >> Of Course The Address is Munged
    >>
    >> ===================================

    Have not seen any inexpensive light boxes, still looking.

    GK
    ===================================

    GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net, Aug 29, 2003
  6. GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net

    Lisa Horton Guest

    Lisa Horton, Aug 29, 2003
  7. <GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net> wrote in message
    > I asked this in another group a week ago ( got no replys ), is there a
    > site on the web where it shows you how to build your own light frames?
    > I only found large light boxes and expensive large light frames.
    >
    > GK

    A book on photography thta covers dsarkroom mehtods may have directions.
    Try your local library first. (Or Barnes & Noble.)

    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 30, 2003
  8. On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:01:51 -0700, Lisa Horton <>
    wrote:

    >GrailKing@oops!.Not.The.Realm.net wrote:
    >>

    >> Have not seen any inexpensive light boxes, still looking.

    >Can you define "inexpensive" ?
    >
    >Lisa

    Under 20 or 30 $ US

    GK